My Mr2 Turbo build

specialized7

Can't Stop, Won't Stop!
May 2, 2008
Saskatoon Canada
Hey guys. I havent been posting much lately mainly because iv been caught up with my new money pit.

I traded my sled for it as soon as i found out we were having a sh*tty year for snow.
Anyways 3 weeks later (and about 15psi boost) the head gasket went.
So i hauled her up to my step dads place to tear into her.
here she is the nite i got her.
0ff0e8ec-b7de-4905-9c11-b64a426a5a3d.jpg

i hauled her 2 hours away to work on it in a heated shop.
tiggysmr2.png

started tearing into her
firstdaymr2.png

14 hours later head is off
mr2block.jpg

nice and grimy
mr2head.jpg

degreased, head resurfaced and i put new valve stem seals in.
oh and my new exhaust manifold
headandex.jpg

waiting for my ARP studs so vented the engine lid
lid.jpg

Now im waiting for powder from east wood and im going to powdercoat a few things. Valve cover, Hotpipe, intake manifold. etc.
im also waiting for an intercooler kit before the head goes back in.
in the mean time the snow is melted so im Ripping out the blaster today!!

im excited man. This has been our most mild winter since the 70's.
literally no snow right now its awesome.
hoping to have the mr2 going by the end of the month

im excited man. This has been our most mild winter since the 70's.
literally no snow right now its awesome.
hoping to have the mr2 going by the end of the month

Think you'll have any vids of it when your done?? Are those the yota that the back window goes down??

nice duece. i got two myself. ones an n/a 4 cylinder and the other is a v6 swap with brand new purple pearl paint.

Damn I love those things! Cant wait to see this thing done. I Almost had one once was waiting on the Guy to get the title straight and a tree fell on it during a storm and crushed it lol

That looks like a fun build, and btw we havent had a snow over an inch and that stuck for more then a few hours, rocking 80+ this week.

Think you'll have any vids of it when your done?? Are those the yota that the back window goes down??
i will def have some video when its running. The window doesnt go down in this beast. i know the 4 runners and newer tundras back window rolls down.

That's a nice little project. Them cars are fun to drive.
thanks man. and very fun to drive.

nice duece. i got two myself. ones an n/a 4 cylinder and the other is a v6 swap with brand new purple pearl paint.
iv noticed on the mr2 forums the v6 swap is quite popular

Damn I love those things! Cant wait to see this thing done. I Almost had one once was waiting on the Guy to get the title straight and a tree fell on it during a storm and crushed it lol
WHOA! id be right pissed off ahhah

is that the big port series 1;2 or the small port series 3?
Its a 2nd gen 3sgte. Its actully from Japan. so 25 more horsepower then the usdm ones.

That looks like a fun build, and btw we havent had a snow over an inch and that stuck for more then a few hours, rocking 80+ this week.
Wow man thats awesome. We got a foot of snow last week but its been so nice that its melting quick.
good thing the mr2 wasent running haha
427570_3180839792586_1013415864_3048572_281648827_n.jpg

Did some powdercoating, this is anodized red from eastwood. A little to purple for my liking but will have to do.
The Black is Wrinkle black from Eastwood. This stuff is awesome!
403886_3251181911095_1013415864_3076491_1470163422_n.jpg

2012-03-18232857.jpg

2012-03-18232848.jpg

2012-03-18220550.jpg

I do like that body style of mr2 but the older ones looked funky!

Id still say if you want a mid engine car with more possibilities get a fiero.Ive stuffed a carb sbc in one and also a 3800 s/c from gtp/regal.

Suprisingly enough the 3800 was more fun it would hook up quicker than the torquey sbc but when the rpms came on you couldnt beat the little roots huffer singing away.

looks like fun though gotta love F/I!!!