My 88's progress

C-H55Blasty

Nov 24, 2014
Thought I'd finally show everyone my Blaster. I've been referencing this forum for a while so its about time I show you all. Thanks for looking guys!

Here's how she started out. It was my dads back in the day as something cheep to run chores on the farm. Its been mine for some few years now. I could've gone with a different quad to have but I decided to keep it because of sentimental reasons if you know what I mean. So since then I've been building it up into the quad I want it to be.

0820121925.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg
IMG_2510.JPG
IMG_2520.jpg
IMG_2521.jpg

Almost all parts came from local guys with parts, fleebay, and guys from here. So here's a parts list
-GSXR brake kit thanks to Awk08
-Cluth cable thanks to jus_me
-CST ambush tires
-5'' rear stud spacers 3'' front
-Tusk Nerf bars from a Banshee (modified brackets)
-UNI air filter
-Moose racing rollers, guide, and slider
-Aftermarket racing ignition coil
-FMF fatty pipe and power core two silencer
-Boyesen carbon fiber reeds
-Bored .30 over (out of necessity) and oil block off and 260 main jet
-400ex rear shock and KOR bushings
-Maier race fenders and a resurfaced white gas tank
-PMC breakaway levers
-Fabbed myself a mirror (very handy at times)
-Sort of reupholstered the seat​
And then there are the parts that I'm working on installing.
-TRX white hood
-YFZ front bumper that I'm modifying
-Fabbing and mounting heel guards from a DVX
-Front hydraulic brake conversion
-Have to finish sealing up the air box on the new fenders.​
And future plans.... Hopefully!
-Paint. Orange on black.
-Lights. I want to get some LED's and I've figured I'd get a battery to run the lights off of and use the power from the stator to charge the battery. Haven't figured out the specifics though
-Better front shocks
-Build a case saver and Air scoops
-+3 Swingarm
-And because I'm country boy, camo dip the hood and tank along with camo seat and shock covers!!​

Last edited:
Reactions: MDT50
yes sir, coming along very nicely !!!!

Very nice man!. It has come quite the ways as we can see. Looks allot different than your pops ole Blaster. Really cool you kept his and made it your own. Goes to show these lil bikes can keep on ticking with some care. Btw, welcome to the Forum, and what kind of farm do you's have going there ?

Thanks guys! She's my pride and joy and its nice to hear you guys like how its coming along!

Very nice man!. It has come quite the ways as we can see. Looks allot different than your pops ole Blaster. Really cool you kept his and made it your own. Goes to show these lil bikes can keep on ticking with some care. Btw, welcome to the Forum, and what kind of farm do you's have going there ?
Every time my dad sees it with something new he just shakes his head. But you can see he's grinning! We do corn, beans, a few cattle and we distribute a lot of oil/lubricant products to locals.

wow what a transformation, looking good. not sure if you saw but KOR also has case savers or a DIY if you wanted to build your own.
I haven't seen his but I'll have to check it out. Thanks for telling me about it!

looking good and it just getting better! :D
What kind of clutch and brake levers are those? They look good!
They're PMC racing levers.

Ran into some trouble finishing up the new fenders. The intake tube no longer reached my carb! Didn't want to put any more cuts in the fender than I needed to to move it all forward some. So I just put the tube on the outside of the fender temporarily and it was just enough for me to get it fastened. Figured a reed spacer would be a good fix for the problem. Always wanted one so I guess I'll kill two birds with one stone!

Attachments

• IMG_2551.jpg
    IMG_2551.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 343
Hurray for more parts!! Got some warrior hubs/rotors and Pro armor neaf bars from a 660 raptor all from the same guy. Fitment and fabrication for the bars isn't going to be a walk in the park but it'll be so nice when its done and the price was so good that I couldn't be happier! Now I only need to find the time!!

Attachments

• IMG_2713.JPG
    IMG_2713.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 316
  • IMG_2714.jpg
    IMG_2714.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 330
  • IMG_2715.jpg
    IMG_2715.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 324
  • IMG_2725.jpg
    IMG_2725.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 363
Finally got the TRX hood mounted. I wasn't liking how far down it was sitting in the front so I cut off a good 3in on the Maier fender so I can move the hood further up. Didn't take before pictures but I'm really glad I did it especially because of the bumper I plan on fabbing up. Really going to be a cool end result. Also picked up this dual sport Fly helmet from a friend thats been collecting dust since 2010!

Always seems to be a down side though :/ The threads on the jug where you bold down the exhaust flange are stripped. Its just on one side and I'm guessing it was caused by being overtorqued no matter how careful I've been. It looks like all I'll have to do is re-drill/tap the hole on the Jug. The threaded hole is left open and exposed on the other side so I don't see why it wouldn't work right? I'd also have to make the Hole of the flange bigger too. Curious as to what your inputs might be? I'll probably post a different thread asking for advice soon as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2758.PNG
    IMG_2758.PNG
    332.2 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_2774.JPG
    IMG_2774.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 297
  • IMG_2776.jpg
    IMG_2776.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 335
  • IMG_2779.jpg
    IMG_2779.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 343
  • IMG_2780.jpg
    IMG_2780.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 392
Must say I'm really liking this :) Orange on Black will look sick if you go ahead with it :cool: Best of luck with the rest of the project

I'm trying but I've got a pretty long list! Always limited by time and budget though!
Three months isn't a bad time line to work with. I'll have to say she is coming along nicely and even then do you think you'll realllly be done?? lol!!

That's the danger, where do you stop putting money into a project. As mine stands I've basically paid for everything I need except one or two things (approx 200-250$ left to purchase) but I see $100's worth of stuff I'd love to buy so I'll slowly start adding them once mine is back together. Keep up the good work though :)

Thought I'd finally show everyone my Blaster. I've been referencing this forum for a while so its about time I show you all. Thanks for looking guys!

Here's how she started out. It was my dads back in the day as something cheep to run chores on the farm. Its been mine for some few years now. I could've gone with a different quad to have but I decided to keep it because of sentimental reasons if you know what I mean. So since then I've been building it up into the quad I want it to be.

View attachment 13704
View attachment 13709 View attachment 13710 View attachment 13711 View attachment 13712
Almost all parts came from local guys with parts, fleebay, and guys from here. So here's a parts list
-GSXR brake kit thanks to Awk08
-Cluth cable thanks to jus_me
-CST ambush tires
-5'' rear stud spacers 3'' front
-Tusk Nerf bars from a Banshee (modified brackets)
-UNI air filter
-Moose racing rollers, guide, and slider
-Aftermarket racing ignition coil
-FMF fatty pipe and power core two silencer
-Boyesen carbon fiber reeds
-Bored .30 over (out of necessity) and oil block off and 260 main jet
-400ex rear shock and KOR bushings
-Maier race fenders and a resurfaced white gas tank
-PMC breakaway levers
-Fabbed myself a mirror (very handy at times)
-Sort of reupholstered the seat​
And then there are the parts that I'm working on installing.
-TRX white hood
-YFZ front bumper that I'm modifying
-Fabbing and mounting heel guards from a DVX
-Front hydraulic brake conversion
-Have to finish sealing up the air box on the new fenders.​
And future plans.... Hopefully!
-Paint. Orange on black.
-Lights. I want to get some LED's and I've figured I'd get a battery to run the lights off of and use the power from the stator to charge the battery. Haven't figured out the specifics though
-Better front shocks
-Build a case saver and Air scoops
-+3 Swingarm
-And because I'm country boy, camo dip the hood and tank along with camo seat and shock covers!!​
Lookin great! You have a alot of nice goodies there!

So heres a little update guys. Spend some time the other day and polished the axle and thumb throttle cover. Really liking the cover. Now the big news is that I'm completely upgrading the front suspension and converting to hydraulic brakes. Got some snyder +5 arms and the calipers/master cylinder are of a raptor 660. I'm still waiting on some other parts like KOR hydro spindles, dual brake lines, brake line clamps, and I'm having Jogaca build me a set of 16in works shocks to fit the +5 arms.

And with that my budged will have completed dried up. So anything else I want to do will be mods I can do with stuff I already have which include a +2-3 steering stem and air scoops. On the Farm we've got plenty of scrap metal that could be used to do that. And because I don't plan on hitting any track for a few years (until I get the funds) I want to build a +2 swinger.

Also I want to make the rear end wider to match the width of the front. I think i'll take my spacers from the front and put them on the back and also flip the rear rims. I personally think that 4in of stud spacers on each side is way to much. Since Torque=Force*distance the longer they are the more stress is placed on everything. So what I want to do is use the the stud spacers as a platform and build a sturdier platform around them to reduce that rotational force.

IMG_2854.JPG
IMG_2855.jpg
IMG_2882.JPG
IMG_2910.JPG

Reactions: MURPH and Fast6hand