My 88's progress

Go with a banshee axle. I run one with Awks hydro setup as well. They are cheap and widen it perfectly. You can still ride tight trails. And my front is widen +3 (6") and its perfect.

Just to clarify, you are moving your rear brake line right?! Cant leave it under the swinger!

yep /\

this.................
img_2854-jpg.22631

should be this............
10fw8ww.jpg

be sure to ty-rap it in place so it doesn't flop around into the sprocket or brake disc

Go with a banshee axle. I run one with Awks hydro setup as well. They are cheap and widen it perfectly. You can still ride tight trails. And my front is widen +3 (6") and its perfect.

Yeah I've thought about a banshee axle. Just don't have the funds right now so I was going for something that would work in the meantime. I may be wrong, but I thought the banshee axle only fit on 03+ models because the carrier was different?

Its been fixed guys! Its an old pic and that wasn't thinking when I put it on the first time. Good catch tho!

Feel like I haven't updated in a while so heres whats going on. I've had the parts for the front suspension for a little while but couldn't put the on because I couldn't find any of the metric bolts needed locally! It was extremely frustration but I've got everything I need now. Hopefully I'll start putting everything together within the next week. I would love to do it sooner but right now having the blaster running is petting important. On the farm its planting season and I use the blaster out in the field and rather then the car so I'll wait until were done planting and then tear into it and get it done and running!

And the beautiful shocks Jogaca built!
IMG_3260.jpg

Reactions: Lms and bummer981
Started tearing into everything tonight! So far everything seems to be going smoothly and I should get done tomorrow. The only real problem was that I experienced was that the bolts connecting the rotor to the hub rub on the caliper bracket that connects to the spindle plate. I'll just grind/file them down a little bit tomorrow.

0611152245.jpg

So I've had everything done for a few days but it looks like I'd rather rip it up after work then give an update! Only other trouble I encountered was that when I installed the calipers, the pistons got pushed all the way back into the caliper and no oil was getting behind them to push forward. Chased that bug for 2 hrs.

Completely in love with how it rides. While riding I saw I was going to hit one of those "Oh S*** this is really going to hurt" wash outs in the road. But I got soaked right up!

And I think because of that I've decided the next step (might be a ways out yet) is to do the same with the rear suspension. +3 long travel swinger, extended banshee axle, and have Kevin build me another matching shock.
0622151751.jpg
0621151640c.jpg
0621151719.jpg
0620151452.jpg
0615152244a.jpg

Got my nerf bars done!!
0710152103.jpg

And my close friend who races got new window stickers and since the colors match I decided to put it on the fender and it looks awesome! I don't mind having his name on my quad... its funny because my name is on his car as a sponsor so it kind of evens out. We usually go racing 2 nights a week but this week well be racing thurs-sunday! Racing is like a religion to these guys!
0708151939.jpg
0613151841.jpg
PART_1436406059418_20150708_204038.jpg

Reactions: Lms
diggin that color combo !
now to clean up that front bumper....orange and black ?

my curiosity is killin me ?:)
what is "detassling and male row destruction" ??????

1111111.jpg

Reactions: Herpderplol
Nice man! the nerfs look perfect! and protective

Thanks man and I couldn't have said it better myself!

diggin that color combo !
now to clean up that front bumper....orange and black ?

my curiosity is killin me ?:)
what is "detassling and male row destruction" ??????

View attachment 23930

I have a yfz bumper that I wanted to put on so that might be my next project! But I might have to paint it until then!

Cant blame ya! The friend who drives the car and I used to work there together so I'll try and explain it without boring you to death!!

It deals with seed corn production (growing the corn that produce seats that the average farmer then plants) and breeding the corn for certain traits. Corn is capable of self pollination because it has both the female and male organs on each plant. But because your a breeding for certain traits you don't want the plant to be pollinated by themselves.
So you usually plant 4 rows of one type of corn plant to become the female and then 1 row of another variety you want to be the male and repeat whatever pattern you have. (And theres a bunch of fancy genetic stuff that helps us decide what we need to breed to reach a final seed type.) When the time comes you remove the male organ, the tassel on top, from the female plants you want to produce seed which is the detassling part. And once the female plant is fully germinated there is no more need for the male plant since you don't want to use any seed it produces and it takes up nutrients you destroy it which is the male row Destruction part.

Detassler- The wheel units are spinning inwards and when the tassel gets caught in it, it gets yanked out.
IMG_0051.jpg

Male row stomper. Just a big wheel with a bunch of sharp blades that chop them up!
IMG_0099.JPG

Reactions: jus_me
So now I guess the rear-end is getting done up. Mostly just going to be waiting on parts but since I'll have everything torn apart I'll blast and paint everything.

This is all I got done today. But its progress!
IMG_20150821_203432885.jpg

Reactions: jus_me
Popped the seal off the brand freaking new bearings... and theres barely a drop of grease in there. Absolutely ridiculous. Just glad I check