Pankz' First frame up build, yes...its another Blaster :)

I made a little progress. I picked up 6 b8es plugs, installed one and gave this beauty a leak test. 7lbs, 5 minutes, zero loss. Perfect!

I modified a new stator cover w/ ss hw to accept the KOR case saver. Installed the front sprocket, tossed the chain around it just to take a peek. 13 tooth Sunstar sprocket, DID 520 x-ring chain

Modified guard.jpg Covers installed 2.jpg Covers installed 3.jpg

Installed a new pump cover with stainless hardware. Installed the kick starter.

Kickstarter.jpg

I also received my new front calipers so I threw the front wheel assemblies together. New OEM guards and brakes, DP rotors. 21" Razer 2s.

Front wheel.jpg Front wheel 2.jpg

Unfortunately, we had an emergency come up and have to go out of state for a couple weeks. It may be a few weeks before I can make some progress. Once I do I will make an update.

Home safe and sound finally. All this time off work and the travels have left me broke :( Progress soon, I shall return!

Unfortunately not. It's been hard times and we just haven't had the money to keep going on it yet.

I'm glad you popped your head in here though, I had a question for you. That wire harness you purchased. Where did it come from? I'd like to commission them to make me one as well.

I have another carb question for you experts.

It was recommended to order a 34 pj or a 35 pwk with a #6 slide. I am looking at the tech specs on the Keihin website, http://www.keihin-na.com/aftermarket/pwk/, and it seems the standard 35pwk comes with a #6 slide.

I was looking to buy the Air Stryker version, which shows it comes with a #4.5 slide.

Would I still want to ask for a #6 slide, or did they change to a #4.5 due to other variances in this carb?

You still want a #6 slide. It's the one that's proven to work with our blaster.

The only difference that I know of between the PWK's and the Air Strykers is the pwk has 2 vents, the air Stryker has 4. Might be something else, but I'm not aware of it.

I ran a PJ on my for awhile, it wasn't a bad carb, I just never cared for it.

Reactions: Pankz
I'm a day late and a dollar or two short but here's an update.

First a couple better pictures of the Honda throttle and the master cylinder on the Renthal Fatbars. I tried throwing the Yamaha throttle on the bars in place of the Honda , and that combination would NOT work, the master cylinder is pushed beyond the bend. Maybe with a glued grip, unsure. The Honda throttle is substantially smaller making things work. If you look at the picture it also has a spacer of sorts that's part of the casting that could be cut off to allow things more room to move if desired. Also posted a close up of the Streamline clutch with the cover off.
View attachment 30379 View attachment 30380 View attachment 30381 View attachment 30382 View attachment 30383

Nice clean looking build so far buddy awesome work this bike is going to be wicked nice when you all done can’t wait to see the finished build I’ll be keeping and eye out on this thread for sure lol best of luck and great job

Hey thanks bud. I am really excited to get it finished up. Funding has been such an issue as of late...been a tough few months financially.

I did order some front end parts but have had nothing but issues. I ordered ASR +3+1 long travel arms and was sent the incorrect ones. I also ordered some Honda trx450r front shocks. I thought all of these worked from my research but 2013's have the gas reservoir out to the side instead of on the top. Unfortunately these won't clear the arms.

I will be back soon with some positive updates

I ordered my carb today, a 35m PWK Air Stryker with a #6 slide. It's coming with all the above recommended needles and jets as well as a motion pro throttle cable.

I received my Vitos Fat Bastard and it came with everything needed except an exhaust coupler. Does anyone know where I could find one for this exhaust? Is it the same size as stock??

I am also having trouble determining what shocks will work with my ASR long travel arms. What shocks measure 16.25"-16.5"? I already bought some 2013 trx450r shocks which are the correct length but the reservoir is on the side instead of up top. They won't clear the a arms when the shock compresses :( Back on EBAY they go I guess.

Any advise is greatly appreciated guys.

Just wondering what you ended up doing for your shocks in the front... I just made the same mistake.... Did you try the shows with the resicoir in the front and the back?