MY Extended swingarm

LOL, the shock mount is moved forward 4 inches, the dame length the swingarm is extended back. Read the description I wrote for the pictures and look at the pictures. There's a bar there for the shock mount but no brackets yet. ITS NOT DONE YET

have u checked out this thread, its a great way to get max travel outta a rear shock.....and its just moving ur mount in the right location using some simple math

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/suspension-geometry-101-a-11155/

I know it's been a while on this thread, but OK So we FINALLY got back to the shop and finished up my +4 swingarm. This thing is solid as hell, it isn't going to be breaking any time soon. I'm pretty damn proud of it. We even made the shock mounts 1/8 inch closer together to accommodate for the skinnier 400EX shock. It is +4 inches over stock. Here are 2 pictures, all ready for paint.

10hripu.jpg

2s8qont.jpg

Thats some nice work , doesn't look like it will budge one bit . maybe for the stock rear shock mount you could mount up a eye hook. good place to attach a tow hook.

Thanks, and That's a pretty damn good idea Blastard. I might just mount a shackle in those holes. It'll work great just as long as the rope, chain, etc doesn't get caught in the sprocket or brake rotor

Lol the plate is kind of overkill but it ties EVERYTHING that we welded up together. It'll add just a little bit of weight, and I can just tell everyone it's a skid plate. HAHA.

wow those welds look just about factory, i mean besides location of them, they look very comparable to factory welds, i bet much stronger though. nice work

Wow!!! Didnt even know i started such a mess... But no im not a 14 yr old kid im much older than that and i definetly did not mean 2 bash any1... I was jus kidding around.. Im trying 2 get the hang of this forum thing.. I come on blasterforum once ina while so yea i dont post that much but i have gotten very usefull information from here.. I wrote that post a long time ago and i could admit it was kind of childish and i apologize 4 that and 2 any1 i offended..

i extended mine 3" in the centeer but the junts wer ziged zaged like a s so ther was more serfice area to weld and i used a peace of stock that was tihtly fited inside both peaces to make it more strong and for a safty if a weld broke the inside stock would hold the rere end insted of leting it come apart

i extended mine 3" in the centeer but the junts wer ziged zaged like a s so ther was more serfice area to weld and i used a peace of stock that was tihtly fited inside both peaces to make it more strong and for a safty if a weld broke the inside stock would hold the rere end insted of leting it come apart
Spell check bro!