YGR OOF Drag Pipe Test?

Jan 22, 2014
Remington VA
We are in the stages of developing an OOF drag pipe for blasters and once we have a pipe mocked up and put together i am looking for a test bike...It will need to be a stock stroke, +3 or +4 only...any larger strokes this pipe is not designed to operate for. Target RPM is 8500. Please keep in mind this pipe will be designed to perform on modded and aggressively ported engines.

Without access to a tig welder right now, this pipe will probably be mig welded together, so it will not be the prettiest thing you have ever seen.

Anyhow, we are looking for a member with the setup we are looking for and access to a dyno. We will ship you the pipe in good faith that you will put it on the dyno and post the results for us and all of BF to see - good or bad.

Preferably I'd like it to be a member who already has an OOF pipe such as a shearer or rdz. Those are reputable names that produce very reputable numbers.

We have alot going on right now and this would be a quicker method for us to see some results rather than wait it out a couple of months to take our company blaster to the dyno (which we will later do anyhow).

If you would like to be the test guy for us, please let me know! We will see how soon we can run off a pipe for you to test for us! Thanks for reading.

-Jon

Will you need the exhaust and intake port timing numbers and how much the port work has been done to calculate for pipe design? If so, someone will need to send you those numbers.

That's the way to do it. Have an non afiliative person run a test and report back. Otherwise the "Take our word for it" just doesn't cut it. I'm certain there's a few members on here meeting the requirements. Best of luck.

Drag ported blasters arent really a dime a dozen. Send member DUALSTROKE a pm and see if he is interested. The question is what will this member be getting out of the deal. Do they get to keep the pipe? The reason I ask is because chances are the Dino will not be right down the street. They also have to put the pipe on and play with jetting.

I realize all of that, I understand it would cost that individual time and money to get to the dyno to obtain the information I am interested in. It was just an idea, we will see how it goes. Yes the individual would get to keep the pipe. Id really prefer someone local or close to it. But we will see how and where it goes. Anyways, here is the design I came up with today using our engines parameters. I have a bone stock engine lightly setting in that frame so this is all for mock up purposes. Enjoy!

That looks good, should work alright if you have it all set up good.

Just a general question... Why do all drag pipes go out on these? Why not go out and the turn the small pipe (stinger?) straight back? I think it would look cleaner, and wouldnt stick out the extra foot

Putting more of an angle or bend in your header pipe design changes the pipe design somewhat. It's not impossible, you would just have to account for it and it takes a much longer period of time for the original design. One of these days I am going to get back onto a project I have going on for banshee's. Un silenced full fledged drag pipes, that run in frame and exit side by side in the center - looking kinda like a double barreled shotgun.

BTW I gotta bite on a local tester! Thanks to everyone who checked this thread out, if you would be interested in trying one of these pipes out, let me know, shoot me a PM and maybe we can discuss it.