luck just keeps getting worse....

Jan 27, 2008
north nj
well i was working on a new lowering mount for my yfz450 rear shock (amost 12 inches of travel) and while sitting there staring at the setup i just happen to look at all the welds on thhe swingarm real close, yup sonofabitch its cracked around the front bar that they didnt run thru the side tubing. this is the third swinger ive gotten from "THE SWINGARM SHOP" on ebay and this one was supposed to be the heavy duty model...bahahhahh lmfao, heavy duty my ass...ive managed to break 3 of their POS swingarms. i havent gotten around to emailing them yet cause im not real sure what im gonna say about it. 400 bucks for a chrome heavy duty swinger pretty much out the window, wheres the blastyforum mafia at lol!!......is there someone out there that can build me a damn swingarm that wont break or crack, ive spent almost a grand on their junk swingers and im back to where i started

oh yea on another note...does anybody on here tig weld...my nice almost new polished rad carrier is moving about 1/4 inch inside the swingarm mount arms..(kinda hard to explain) and i need it professionally tigged up. i guess awks mountain ride claimed a little more than the others skidplates....lets add my loose "f--ked up" carrier and cracked swingarm to the list lol

yea guys it sucks and whats the saying ...wrong once, shame on you, wrong twice, shame on me.....is there one for third time..other than, ur an idiot!

damn it i had just convinced myself to get their +4 roundhouse bc lonestar wants 800 bucks for theirs w/o the carrier. I have a jj&a roundhouse carrier already. any other good swinger co's out there. sorry about your luck freek. i think that's the way it goes freek. you are just an idiot jk LMAO!

They use cheap soft steel. I had one for a banshee that came extra when I bought my banshee and u could almost bend the rear carrier mount by hand. I never put it on.

I have an unmarked one off a yfz450 thats solid as a rock. The frame broke before this swinger did. I need to find out who made it.

Tmake a fixture to hold the swinger straight and in position. Cut out the cross tube and smooth it out. get yourself about a foot of 1x2 .120 mild steel tubing and make a new cross piece and bracing. Mig welding it in is fine. Wacth the heat... weld small sections 1~1.5 " at a time and let it cool that way you wont warp it. Like this....

100_1540.jpg

i think yb200 still sells swingarms I:I I:I

LMFAO!!!!!! There you go freek!!!

I'd looking into an asr round housing swingarm. There probably the cheapest name brand swinger out there and there guarenteed according to them. Otherwise try to be patient and keep searching ebay for a good one. This is usually the time of year when people are upgrading trying to get ready for next season.
Sorry to hear about your luck

Tmake a fixture to hold the swinger straight and in position. Cut out the cross tube and smooth it out. get yourself about a foot of 1x2 .120 mild steel tubing and make a new cross piece and bracing. Mig welding it in is fine. Wacth the heat... weld small sections 1~1.5 " at a time and let it cool that way you wont warp it. Like this....

100_1540.jpg

did you make that whole thing phrag or did you just mod one someone else made? either way nice work

it was a swingarmshop they sell on ebay all the time.

I have stated in several different posts that swingarm shop swingers are great if like licorice... Nobody ever listens when I tell thm they need to spend a few dollars more than they want..... 6 years ago in the BHQ days, I straightened and braced 5 of them in one week.

I completely understan phragle. since your around who do you suggest for a swingarm. i have been looking at lonestar anyone else you know of

that blows man... maybe try to weld up your own extended swinger out of like a stock one or something, or spend like $1000 on the strongest swinger you can find.... hehe.... but i think people who have custom fabbed up a stock swinger into an extended one has been the most successful. but its your choice, good luck with it! and once again, i think your blaster is the coolest one in the world.