la sleeve vs ported flotek comparison pics

1bad442

Aug 25, 2010
round lake,il
ok first off this is no way a knock towards flotek as they build some bad ass sh*t i jst wanted to show everyone how big of a difference the la sleeve deal is sitting next to a fully ported flotek stock cylinder let the pics speak for themselves

001-13.jpg

027-1.jpg

028-3.jpg

023-2.jpg

026-2.jpg

003-14.jpg

002-14.jpg

004-13.jpg

018-2.jpg

Reactions: TysonBlaster
forged piston with teflon lined skirt u would never see this on a vitos kit actually i feel this wossner piston has a stronger skirt design than the wisecos
019-2.jpg

020-3.jpg

flotek
021-3.jpg

022-2.jpg

la sleeve
015-4.jpg

017-3.jpg

009-6.jpg

014-5.jpg

016-4.jpg

these pics should show everyone that a vitos isnt even in the same zip code as the la sleeve kit. as a ported flotek motor will walk a unported vitos 240 all day long, and u can clearly see the advantages this has over a ported flotek jug.

Last edited:
now imagine one of them that flotek had his hands all over it it would make vitos look like sh...... wait they already do it would make vitos seem like vitos I:I

Thanks for the pics, 442. I'm SO jealous! Visually, there is just no comparison, the LA Sleeve is in a whole diff class, but for a stock jug, that flotek work looks nice.

I didn't know there was a triple exhaust port, so that was good to see too. Just beautiful. (slobber, drool...)

I'm currently putting my YFZ back together. I wonder how that 240 would do against something in the 450 class?

Thanks for the pics, 442. I'm SO jealous! Visually, there is just no comparison, the LA Sleeve is in a whole diff class, but for a stock jug, that flotek work looks nice.

I didn't know there was a triple exhaust port, so that was good to see too. Just beautiful. (slobber, drool...)

I'm currently putting my YFZ back together. I wonder how that 240 would do against something in the 450 class?

im gonna go out on a limb here and say unless that yfz is modded alot i could beat it with my 240 la motor after ken gets done with it :eek:

im gonna go out on a limb here and say unless that yfz is modded alot i could beat it with my 240 la motor after ken gets done with it :eek:

Don't get your hopes up too far, it is still a blaster, just better than stock. It is still in no way in the class of the 450's.

well heres a FLOTEK stock stroke, stock trail ported cylinder vs a CT 240

not too bad IMO seeing as i have 200 total into port work and the LA/CT240 kit is anywhere from 600-1,500. if we were running the same gearing i think it would have been closer too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Joey_Stacks
well heres a FLOTEK stock stroke, stock trail ported cylinder vs a CT 240

YouTube - blaster race

YouTube - blaster race 2

not too bad IMO seeing as i have 200 total into port work and the LA/CT240 kit is anywhere from 600-1,500. if we were running the same gearing i think it would have been closer too.

Is that for real??you where real close in that race!Was 305 off his game that day or does your Blaster really have that much power?I take it that was an un ported CT setup. Makes me wonder what a plus 3 crank and an aggressive trail port will do for me!

Is that for real??you where real close in that race!Was 305 off his game that day or does your Blaster really have that much power?I take it that was an un ported CT setup. Makes me wonder what a plus 3 crank and an aggressive trail port will do for me!

yes my stock cylinder blasty has that much power and to answer your other question yes his ct kit is mildly ported, thats how they come right outta the box. 305 also has a bigger carb and taller gearing...

its all in fun at the end of the day but this goes to show that you dont need a 600-1000 240 kit to rip, just a pipe, carb and the right builder will do just fine I:I