Vitos or La Sleeve?

TRider06

Sep 12, 2019
Hey everyone, I’m looking into big bore kits for the Blaster. I’m starting to get some noise from my stock top end.
I’m interested in the Vitos big bore kit with the +3mm crank. Which will be 244.92cc. I want to run it with a 36mm carb, aftermarket reeds (Vforce or Vitos) and a FMF or Toomey exhaust (I need to be spark arrested). Should I go with this?
Or
La Sleeve 240 big bore. stock stroke crank. 36mm carb and FMF or Toomey exhaust.
I don’t plan on getting either cylinder ported. Just run them stock until the next rebuild, then port it.

If your crank is still good it would be cheaper to get it ported and the head rechamber. Add the reeds and exhaust and it will be a completely different bike.

Iirc there was someone on here that that was pushing 30hp without a big bore or a stroker

Reactions: Slydog
Unless your set on the big bore and crank.
Like mentioned. From blaster 214 then. You could just port and head mod . good porting makes a big difference.

What type of riding are you mostly doing?
That 36 is pretty big.

Unless your set on the big bore and crank.
Like mentioned. From blaster 214 then. You could just port and head mod . good porting makes a big difference.

What type of riding are you mostly doing?
That 36 is pretty big.

I’m just trail riding, kinda fast trails in most spots, but the trails are really sandy here. So I was thinking big bore for some more low end power. Or would a stock ported still have good bottom end power?
Yeah I was looking at carbs again and would probably go with a 33 if I go big bore.
If I get the stock cylinder ported and head rechambered, should I still stick with the stock carb? I know it depends on how much port work is done, guess just ask who does the porting.

Just go with your wallet.
The big bores shine when they are ported.
Same as the stock cylinder

I run a ported big bore stroker but it cost some coin.
Where's all this sand at your ride in?
Tires for sand may help you also. Less drag

Be aware that you’ll have to increase main jet 2-4 sizes depending on how much cold you can handle. Also below zero you’ll need to block the air flow to the cylinder, or you’ll four corner (cold) seize it, basically over cooling the engine.
Ask my son how I know this

Reactions: TRider06
I ride all year long:).
Like mentioned above you definitely have to check jetting when it cools down vs summer jetting

Reactions: TRider06
I ride all year long:).
Like mentioned above you definitely have to check jetting when it cools down vs summer jetting
Yeah, I haven’t really drove it in the winter because I have the tors on it still and it’s a pain to get the carb in and out to change the jet with the brick on top lol. But I might delete it before snow falls here, and I can jet it easier.

I have a pj34 . i just take out bottom plug on the bowl take out jet and put in whatever i need.

Some carbs you can loosen claps and turn enough to remove bowl and jet without removing carb.