get the vitos big bore kit or what are my cheapest options?

acciceman

Feb 6, 2013
Ok so i have a problem.. X( :-/
was riding and i all sorts f**cked up everything. i blew up my top end. no big deal but i pulled it apart and the piston wasnt to messed up but needs to be replaced, but the head is all messed up and chipped from the metal hitting the head and then i pulled the cylinder off to take a look and i their are to big chips and a crack in the cylinder sleeve( not fixable deep cracks and chips the sleeve needs to be machined out and replaced):eek:... So i was thinking about my options and i was thinking of getting the vitos 240 BBK. But i have been doing research and found that is has poor porting and everything and people should have their stock stuff all redone and what not...

But this right now to my knowlegde this is what needs to be replaced: all the top end parts, pistion, rings, new head, cylinder sleeve, gaskets, and all the little parts.

whats already done to the quad: new chain, brakes, wheel spacers, airfilter, full FMF gold series exhaust, and other little things here and their.

So my thing is ik overall after getting alot of work done their is more power that can be done cheaper by redoing the stock internalls instead of the BBK. but i am really in a tight budget of under $600 and i am trying to get the most power. usually people would say get all the stock polished ported and the whole deal. but with all the things that need to be replaced? new cylinder sleeve and the head needs to be remachined. before i could even consider getting the proformance work done. would it just be worth my while to get the vittos kit because it is within the budget and then later on when the money is available get the vittos kit reported and a bigger carb. because i really think after replacing all the compoinents i will be way over budget trying to also have to redo stock components.

ik their is alot about the vittos kit vs stock porting vs expensive ass BBK's

but i am in a kind of a wierd situation with what broke (cylinder sleeve and head). and i dont wanna spend $500 and then only be back to stock power?

anyone suggestions on which i should do to stay in budget and produce the most power. or any other options i have? any help would be very helpfull because i want the quad up and running in the next few weeks so i need to get started buying parts and working on it

thanks

If it was me, I would install a stock sleeve then have it ported with a head redesign. You will have a very nice power gain.

If you absolutely want a big bore there is a cheaper way to do it. I bought a LA sleeve and sent it to KOR to have it pressed in.

ok its just heres my thing i dont know how much it is going to cost buy anothe stock sleeve have it pressed in bored ported, then get another head have it re machined, then what size pistons and everything else do i need? i just wasnt sure if by the time i was done with all of this i would be way outta budget. because i know it is cheaper todo but will it still be cheaper after getting a new head and having a new sleeve put in? where as the vitos kit is basically bolt on for the most part. also i live in massachussetts and if i was to buy an LA sleeve and have it bored and/ported? where is the best place to take it or send it to and how much is all of this going to cost?

If $$$ is an issue get a used stock cyl, have it measured and bored, which will be cheaper than sleeving your cyl, have your banged up head rechambered as a lot of material is taken off so the damage will disappear.

ok its just heres my thing i dont know how much it is going to cost buy anothe stock sleeve have it pressed in bored ported, then get another head have it re machined, then what size pistons and everything else do i need? i just wasnt sure if by the time i was done with all of this i would be way outta budget. because i know it is cheaper todo but will it still be cheaper after getting a new head and having a new sleeve put in? where as the vitos kit is basically bolt on for the most part. also i live in massachussetts and if i was to buy an LA sleeve and have it bored and/ported? where is the best place to take it or send it to and how much is all of this going to cost?

I also live in Mass I've made the drive to Ken Occonner racing a few times. Always given me good survive, he's a good guy too, other members would recommend too.