I know its not a blaster!

THH

May 19, 2011
Niles, Michigan
Look im a huge fan of yamaha, but even bigger fan of 2 strokes! So Im taking my 89 suzuki lt250r chassis and inplanting it with a 74 suzuki Titan t500 power plant. Wanted to fit it to the blaster, but I decided the lt250r platform would be better since the chassis sits wider and longer! I will have to design and build the exhaust system for it, but everything else should be a cake walk! Heres some starter photos.

DSCN1009.jpg

DSCN1008.jpg

DSCN1007.jpg

Should be interesting, to say the least!! I:I I:IKeep the oil injection as it's pumped to outer mains then mixes to lube rod etc. Center mains are actually lubed by the trans oil :eek: . Don't try to push this engine to hard , it's almost impossible to find left pistons. X(

didn't want to just use the LT500R engine so parts are readily available?

BUT, according to the Suzuki Parts Inquiry there are still Left and Right OEM Pistons in stock in the USA warehouse

Sounds like a heavy pain in the @ss my dad tried a similar idea with the honda 4 cylinder version of yours close years and stuff......gave up half way through. I guess straight headers look just dident go fast enough.

Interesting to say the least. I'm tuning in jes cause I've never even heard of a Titan. Me personally would love to just restore the bike.

The frame is shot on the original bike. but the motor still carries 136 psi left and 132 right. It turns wonderfully. It started with ease. BTW you can get parts for these. The suzuki t500 or otherwise know as the Titan 500 at its prime to most reliable road bike you could purchase between 1968-75. around 73-75 they added a "G" to the name gt500, shortly after they added a 3rd cylinder and named it the 550gt. This motor is a k model, 1400cc of oil. The 2 stroke oil pump which will remain on the bike fed directly to the crank from 4 locations. Oiling will never be a problem on this model. This motor stock produces 47-50hp at 6500rpm. If I port the exhaust up 3mm and the intake 2mm down ill gain at least 12-15hp, with jetting of course. Exhaust is impossible to find for the aftermarket aspect, but I have a pipe fitter making me the headers specific to my mods (which will be mild). Ill have to do a little shaving on the plastics, mainly the rear. Everything is fitting nicely as i go. Ive contacted a few vintage british bike builders that specialize in this motor. With all the great info they have given me, this build should be sweet. I wont be restricted to dunes or flat fields since im lucking out on the exhaust fittment. Im pretty excited to see how this turns out. The Cb750 model honda are horrible motors for these kinda mods, max output is 65hp with a 836cc sleeve kit. Torque was garbage. This 2stroke will produce a ton of low end torque thats its well known for. I did my homework on this motor and it will be well worth the build. For now im going to pick my daughter up a baby raptor for her ninth birthday so she can ride with me in the pits. P.S. I cant find a 500r widowmaker that isnt in a box close by, so this is my solution I:I

_5temp.jpg

The pistons are not symetrical, the exhaust is twisted off to the sides, therefore all other ports are rotated. Also I was refering to the availability of Wiesco pistons. This was the first engine I ever ported, got the specs out of a Clymers manual. Hand made cones in HS Metal shop. Turned low 11s in quarter. But when a cast piston let go it was not a pretty sight. :(

I like the looks of this so far. Does it seem like the front sprocket will be low enough to keep the stock frame tubes across the bottom? That would save a ton of work.

Been awhile I since I posted. I completed mounting the motor and rewelding a cross member a few inches foward. The chain sprocket falls right into place, lucked out! Wiring harness is almost complete. I have a friend at work that understands the points on this better than i do helping me out. The harness on this thing is a pain, specially that i dont understand most of the needs for this motor. Im focused on builkding a battery box for this, since i will need a power source to start this!

Beware the frame! I have a similar bike with an Yamaha IT400 transplant. The frame about 4" in front of the foot pegs has broken and has had to be repaired and reinforced. I am not sure if the extra weight of the motor caused it, or if it was caused by the relocation of the front engine mounts.

Well i scrapped the motor that i was working with! I just moved up to grand haven, mi! So i got another motor. I Ninja zx9r motor, non injected, still 146hp! This will work far better! Oh btw, sorry for being gone so long. Ill have pics soon!