Building a blaster for the 450 mx class. I must be crazy!!

i have some of kens bushings to make that shock install alot easier for $18 shipped if you not building your own.

Thanks for the offer, but I have a lathe I could whip some up if I decide to mount them to the stock swinger.

No problem bro, and nice shocks... You may also want to ask if you can get a virgin cylinder.... The cylinder i got from CT was a standard out of the box trail port, and look at the hole that developed in the port... that hole was not there when i put it together, but after 4 years later it was time for a piston and look what i found... So if i was to do it again i would get a virgin and send it to OConnor Racing to have fun with..lol

This hole is a possible problem with both the CT and LA 240 BB cylinder because of the bigger reed cage and ports, and is NOT a problem with vito's or the stock cylinder...

Again, thanks for the heads up!

any progress? 5 pages of talking is getting me wanting progress.

Not really. Got swamped with real work lol the last few days havent had a chance to do anything. Still more in planning/collecting parts mode. Gonna strip the bike down this week, and start the fab work next weekend.

is there a production rule for you? i thought about doing the same thing because it cost way to much money to keep 450s together running A class competively inthe gncc series so i would like to run a blaster in the sport class to get back to having some fun

is there a production rule for you? i thought about doing the same thing because it cost way to much money to keep 450s together running A class competitively in the gncc series so i would like to run a blaster in the sport class to get back to having some fun

Really the only rules for production classes in this series is just that, being based off of production bikes. Factory frames, factory engine cases, etc. The 4 pokes are limited to 450cc, 2 strokes are allowed up to 310cc.

I just got told by zwister that a shee swinger will fit. Its around 2 inches long and the shock mount is moved wayyy back. Maybe you could use it and fab a linkage rear shock set up with it?? just a thought