THH Build

THH

May 19, 2011
Niles, Michigan
Well I am back. Been busy workin and ridin! Dont get to see my computer often. Heres were I am. My earlier posts I picked up a blown up blaster on a trade. Max bore on the jug and and replacing almost everything on the bike later! I Have picked up a new frame and started prepping it for the transfer of what I done so far to this one.

One thing I have noticed after a long and lengthy break in, thanks to tips on here. I realized my stock carb was running rich, didnt seem to harm my power overall. I fouled a few plugs along the way, but now she runs fast and hard! Problem I ran into is I had no idle control, just died if I wasnt goosing it.

I recently picked up a 89 lt250r for 300 bucks, chassis was in great shape but engine came in a box, I mean quiet literaly in a box. I ditched the project due that the previous owner used several screw drivers to split the case. So out of good humor, I put the flat side carb on my blasto. She took quick to it. Hauls ASS!!!! I mean opened her right up. I have a smooth idle and instant power thoughout. I payed close attention to my smoke output for warm up to hot idle. I seem to be collecting plenty of oil in my crank case. I checked it every start up and after every run for the idle smoke output. I had a bit of hesitation earlier when I was heading home. Basically this run was about 1/4mile out and back. I put a new plug in to check the mix color on the plug. I wanna say on the inner ceramic and arm was a bit brown but i wanna lean toward white. I couldnt get the darn camera to focus well enough to give you all a pic.

Im a back yard mechanic with little time to spare, did I do good for and ugly fun build? Are the mods I made safe? And how can i be sure im not running too lean?

Feel free to laugh at my pvc plumbing for my air filter. Kinda limited to good material. :p

DSCN0737.jpg

Plug after 20 minute hard ride.
DSCN0741.jpg
Flat slide off of suzuki lt250r.
DSCN0742.jpg

DSCN0743.jpg

DSCN0744.jpg

DSCN0745.jpg

Donor quad racer. im gonna fit the a-arms to the new frame!

Looks ok, obviously that sharp right bend in the PVC tube isn't optimal but it should get air in and keep water out and that's what all airboxes are designed to do.

I'm curious what kinda pipe that is... That looks hand rolled

With the 45 elbow, i figured the air has about 11 inches to the carb so air turb should settle down. It sounds actually kinda sick, I can hear the air getting sucked in over the header.

The header pipe is a DG, and the slip on is DG as well, its old so i dont know what model it is on either but i repacked the muffler and it sounds nice and deep, with a neighbor hater pop! I looked all over the net, and it seems DG has completely stopped making header pipes.

The Rear shock is off the lt250r, after rebuilding the shock it has a nice soft flow to it on the trail but locks up on hard accel, just enough to recover front tire traction quickly! Im suprised you noticed the rear shock though you can hardly see it, note the resivoir adjustment knob sticking down. Heres a pic of the rear susp.

DSCN0746.jpg

DSCN0748.jpg