Having fun finding a new field for me to customize in

Blastericated

Sep 11, 2011
I'm an old school 2 wheel junkie that has been tirelessly preachin to my son (now 14) how 2wheels are way more fun than 4...But, my boy Ironicaly has been givin a gift and just naturally knows what to do on any quad...Took off on a 660 rappy at the age of nine, and just last week took out my buddys 500cc quadzilla...Sooooo, he's warn me down...in the last month I've picked up 3 blasters, a 300ex, a warrior, a 98 yz125, and a 89 yz250....He wants to race and I want to create and build....I've been reading the blaster forums now for about a month and got some really great insight...( thanks to all you mad scientists of fabrication of steel , mud and anything to go fast) and I got a couple of ideas of my own....We are starting the first build with the yz125 engine in a blaster chassis..I cut up the warrior for steering stem and bushing giving a +2 for that, using the rear half of the swingarm with the front half of the blaster and adding +4 to the swinger as well.. By doing this we got the wider axle and bigger rear brakes. Right now trying to decided if I should intergrate the yz125 rear shock candlevel setup or just go point to point with the shock. well, more on this later.. But, I wanted to say I'm havin a blast being able to build somthing again....Hotrods bacame to expensive and Im just burned out on harleys....BTW got a spare Harley Dyna setup (eng/trans) for an up coming project.....

welcome to the forum
pics of these mods are a must, house rules......pics or your lying, hahahaaa

do i smell a harley quad cookin in your kitchen ?????

I'll get some pics soon.....kinda all over the place wright now....what do ya think of the yz 125 frame interlaced within the blaster frame....I think it'll work

not sure i'm followin this "interlaced" thinking,
but look around on here, alot of bike motors have been fitted directly into blaster frames, some with just new mounts, and some requiring rerouting the front 2 angled down tubes of the frame
3 Wh33l3r Rid3r and yzotis come to mind right away, both have yz 250's in their blasters, find their profile pages, then "see all statistics"/"threads started" link to search for the build threads

i have seen blasters on ebay from time to time modded for 85cc and 125 engines so its not unheard of and been done before. seems like it would be a great ripper for a young kid

oh and lets not forget the grandaddy of them all
paulieb's yz 400 blaster

I'll get some pics asap...but I warn ya'll its still in the cutting ,fabbing, testing and imagining type phase....Its just getting started. However I always am interested in ideas and feedback from the more experienced and knowledgeable regarding this quad....BTW has anyone implemented a rear shock cantilever set up like the warrior or the dirt bikes??? I'd like to put the rear setup from the yz125... good or bad and why?? thanks