First full build, Pics Progress and suggestions?

i like the colour combo, the color finish and i really like how u end up wit the plastics... what did u use to get them that way? and u used what paint type to paint the frame? powdercoat or spray or what?

anyway, keep going and nice to see u not alone doing all the hard work! =)

i like the colour combo, the color finish and i really like how u end up wit the plastics... what did u use to get them that way? and u used what paint type to paint the frame? powdercoat or spray or what?

anyway, keep going and nice to see u not alone doing all the hard work! =)

The plastics just got 3-4 coats of Kyrlon fusion paint... specifically for plastics. We just degreased the plastic and sprayed, no sanding or primer.

The frame was sprayed via a gun, House of Kolor neon pink. 2 coats of white rattle can primer 3-4 coats of pink and 3 coats of clear.

All of the other parts are going to be flat black, using 2 coats of rattle can primer and 2 coats of rattle can flat black.

Well get more pics up soon... We decided to do the helmet too lol

wow, helmet too would just look awesome, like perfect match for the ride... no way u lost her on the dunes xD my gf also crying for a pink set...

can i ask something witout get u mad? when u sea 2 coats, 3 of ... 2 of... u mean u painted 2times wit one thing, then 3 wit another just over the last one, n so on?

via gun means wit air compressor?

flat black is a color, like "light black or dark gray" ? or is a special thing that makes something look wit less light, like less reflective, reflexion? and coats of clear? is like a varnish to seal the paint made before?

Im really really sry to get u into this mess n questions, is so hard for me to understand n translate some stuff... sry... and hope the best wishes for u, cheers and enjoy! :)

Thanks a lot! and iw ill be waiting new photos, my gf also helping me doing mine so is like i see me in u just in another country xD

wow, helmet too would just look awesome, like perfect match for the ride... no way u lost her on the dunes xD my gf also crying for a pink set...

can i ask something witout get u mad? when u sea 2 coats, 3 of ... 2 of... u mean u painted 2times wit one thing, then 3 wit another just over the last one, n so on?

via gun means wit air compressor?

flat black is a color, like "light black or dark gray" ? or is a special thing that makes something look wit less light, like less reflective, reflexion? and coats of clear? is like a varnish to seal the paint made before?

Im really really sry to get u into this mess n questions, is so hard for me to understand n translate some stuff... sry... and hope the best wishes for u, cheers and enjoy! :)

Thanks a lot! and iw ill be waiting new photos, my gf also helping me doing mine so is like i see me in u just in another country xD

Hey man I'll help you out a bit.
Ok to start Flat Black is a color that is pretty much just pure black it does have a shine to it although not as much as a normal black. Here is a comparison between the 2
Flat Black http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FoXyvaPSn...3hE/bHpXqIS2uOo/s800/BMW-M3-Flatt-Black-0.jpg
Normal black http://media.motortopia.com/files/371/vehicles/44a958cec2fc1/20060326_0023.jpg
When talking about coats he is saying he used 3 coats of a base or primer then after those coats placing a different coat of paint such as the black over the previous coats.
Clear coating is a clear coat of paint that is not visible its more or less used to give it a shine and serves somewhat as a protection layer agaisnt scratches
The gun he is talking about i believe is a spray gun powered by an air compressor
Hope you can understand this, i know what it feels like trying to translate.
I'm having a rough time in spanish class over here trying to learn it.
Me no hablo espanol muy bueno.

just going to say that I could not be happier with how things are turning out. :) oh and the helmet looks fkin awesome!!

thx a lot! yea, i think i got it now... its hard when u lack of vocabulary... anything u need wit spanish i could try help u :)
thx a lot and lets wait for new photos to come!!! i want to see how this atv ends up... :)

FYI guys ... krw24 is my gf, the special recipient of this build lol.

Now to the pics!
P3040004.jpg

P3040012.jpg

P3040014.jpg

Start
P3050020.jpg

Finish
P3070064.jpg

P3070068.jpg

omg! that black painted parts looks so good finished... very sharp

i would put some tribes or a small detail on the helmet, btw... not to ruin or anything, blackhelmet will absorm more the sun rays... her head is gonna burn if theres to much sun -.-"

but is better look good and this is looking really good! =)

cheers

Haha Thanks guys... and nice find on the seat cover. If it was black with pink stripes it would be a perfect fit. lol

Well we made a little progress this weekend, however hit some additional roadblocks. While cleaning the block found a few layers of JB weld covering a crack/hole in the block, from where the chain popped off. We've cleaned up the area and are going to weld a patch over it soon. Also found two loose screws inside of the magneto, had it pulled and in the process the shop destroyed one of the coils. Come to find out the two screws were holding the smaller of the two coils in place, so the wiring was destroyed when it was torn off. We dropped in a new clutch and picked up some new ITP Holeshots.

P3130054.jpg

P3130060.jpg

P3150008.jpg

P3150014.jpg

P3150015.jpg

And were gonna be painting the hubs soon and get it rolling again.
P3140107.jpg