First full build, Pics Progress and suggestions?

alk8778

Feb 1, 2010
Well Im also new to the forum, introduced myself alil while ago and recently dove head first into the project. a 1997 Blaster for my girlfriend. She picked it up with a blown clutch for 150 bucks and had been sitting for roughly 7 years. We have stripped it down and are planning on flat black plastic and a hot pink frame.

We've already had two major fails: the only pink paint we could find for a reference was marking paint ... which come to find out, turns to chalk when it dries, and secondly I learned to always check the label on the cans because satin black and flat black are on the same shelf with the same cap lol

What accents should also be pink besides the frame? Any suggestions? lol

PB290016.jpg

PC110003.jpg

P1310017.jpg

P2240178.jpg

P2240188.jpg

P2240208.jpg

P2240193.jpg

lookin good so far man...looks like she's willing to help out which is always a good thing lol....till she starts throwing tools at you hahahahhah

not bad at all dude...props to the girlfriend for wrenching with ya, you could also paint up the oil and stator covers to the frame....makes it stand out abit more

looks good man and for pink accents, besides frame, id say bottom a-arms black top a-arms pink, some pink handguards paint the swinger black and itll look minttt

lovin the build. my gf also wants a blasty but we both need a car and im older then her and just got my permit yesturday lol so sadly to say im gonna have to give the quads a rest and sell it and get a car. but wen i turn like 25 or maybe earlier i will get another quad for me and her. just need to get the priorities toether u know. and dont wanna be livin with mama all the time. and no job lol so. maybe if i get a job i wont sell the blasty. but now onto u. for platic paint i say u should use krylon fusion paint. its for plastic. also the pink paint just search u will get it. preparing is key. prep prep prep prime prep prep paint paint clear coat!!!! LOL good luck dude. and have ur gf make an account like mrs.305

Thanks guys. Were gettin into it. Picked up some House of Kolor Neon Pink. Paint turned out weird, the color didnt go on even and with the haze it put off in the garage we didnt notice until after it was done. We decided to leave it because it puts depth in the paint and gives it a different look from different angles. We are trying to do everything in either pink or flat black.

Carb rebuild went well, the fuel was so gummed you couldnt even see the hole in the main jet. Now on to the motor and puttin it back together. Fun :)

P2250218.jpg

P2260226.jpg

P2260237.jpg

P3030321.jpg

Box of mess...
P3030324.jpg

I think shes getting anxious to get it done!
P2260235.jpg

Oh and a tip from experience... tarp off your painting area... EVERYTHING in my garage has a pink dust on it. Ive painted white before and it didnt leave a dust... FAIL

lookin great man!!!! she'll love that...my gf wants one like that too. gotta love pink and flat black....

Big change from what it started as. I bet your girl is gonna be pleased with her. She looks pretty excited from the pics :D Best of Luck on your Build ! Keep them pics commin I:I

looks good buddy
what about painting the hubs,steering stem and pegs and flat black nerfs with pink nets

We do plan on doing the hubs pink but didnt think about the steering stem, i might look into that. We picked up some semi-gloss powder-coated nerfs with black netting. I think the semi gloss there will be enough to accent the little bit of shine on the motor.

Anybody know of any special techniques to painting the rims, special paint or primer? ... flat black

lol sounds like you are haveing quite a time with that blasty I:I. just keep plugging away at it and before you know it you'll be done, looks great so far.

Oh and a tip from experience... tarp off your painting area... EVERYTHING in my garage has a pink dust on it. Ive painted white before and it didnt leave a dust... FAIL

i was just about to say something about the dust but you already figured that out i had green dust everywhere when i painted mine lol