Back to the Dublife !

Last edited by a moderator:
passed the enhanced inspection today with flying colors, hit my notary for the new title and got the insurance and plates on it I:I

b636zp.jpg

it rides and drives like a dream !
my "grandma driving" girlfreind was doing 75mph down this long back road, when i questioned her,
she said it felt like 45 it rides so nice.

time for some real mods :D
Weapon R cold air intake, magnaflow catback and C2 race chipped coming soon.
lowered, rims and full paintjob can wait till spring

are those headlights stock?

vdlmyq.jpg

the ones in it currently /\ are the stock configuration.
the passenger side appears to be the stock light, as it was hazed over badly until i polished it.
the drivers side is new but lacking the internal foglight, i'm assuming it's a cheap knockoff, (they were in the trunk when i bought it ?)
i'll have to look for the vw/audi symbol when i remove them after state inspection soon,

to throw the smoked/blacked out halo projectors it came with back in........

317clqg.jpg

/\ gotta repair the broken mounting tabs on the drivers side, but nothing some sheetmetal, pop-rivets and quicksteel can't fix :D

the one in it now appears to be the stock light, as it was hazed over badly until i polished it.
the drivers side is new and lacking the internal foglight, i'm assuming it's a cheap knockoff, i'll have to look for the vw/audi symbol when i remove them after state inspection soon,
to throw the tinted halo projectors it came with back in........

317clqg.jpg

/\ goatta repair the broken mounting tabs on the drivers side, but nothing some sheetmetal, pop-rivets and quicksteel can't fix :D

niceeeeeeeeeeeee I:I

hmmm, haven't updated this in a while

got the halo projectors's back in, not sure how much i like them ? but they are 10 times brighter than the stockers
also got a euro headlight switch which allows a ton more options...just halo's as running lights, foglights on with high beams, just halo's w/ fogs, ect. ect.

2vb272b.jpg

2uqlstv.jpg

just the halo's & LED's on
5wm9zs.jpg

new coolant bottle i can actually view the fluid level thru,
new cap arrives tomorrow
old vs. new
2w5r5e0.jpg

new STI double silicon 8mm plug wires and the correct VR6 NGK Iridium plugs (not what was in there)
it starts quicker, idles smoother and accelerates better :)
and cured my cyl. 2 misfire code

2aet1fa.jpg

tough decision coming...race tuned ECU, coil over suspension or full exhaust next ?
one of the benifits of the tuned ECU is it removes the speed limiter ?
i can tell you, if it has a limiter ?
it's above 115mph :D

oh........ and found the factory Monsoon 6 disc cd changer hidden in a panel in the trunk, and it works :)

Last edited:
I say go for the exhaust, if extra money is in the budget get some a.m. headers to go along with the exhaust, maybe a cold air intake and call it a day ! That thing will sound sick and pull hard !

I can tell u the limiter is past 130 also... I had an 02 when I was 18, go with the tuner first, u will have more options,different maps to run, depending on tuner u will be able to log afrs and performance tune it, Jim wolf makes a bad ass flash for the stock one, crisper throttle stronger pulls etc,mine was a beast then do cai and race exhaust.

I say go for the exhaust, if extra money is in the budget get some a.m. headers to go along with the exhaust, maybe a cold air intake and call it a day ! That thing will sound sick and pull hard !

it's amazing that a stainless header for this can be had for under $100
but i've seen talk about fitment issues and not that big of gains ?
this alreadly has factory dual downpipes from the 2 manifolds to the cat.
most just do a race cat, or delete it (i can beacause we don't have emissions testing here) and a good 2-1/2 or 3" cat back.

Jim wolf makes a bad ass flash for the stock one, crisper throttle stronger pulls etc.

link to this "Jim Wolfe" ?

so far i've whittled it down to the C2 Motorsports ECU race flash.
http://www.c2motorsports.com/index....tegory_id=117&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=58
it also allows for the air pump delete (already done)
cat and second 02 sensor delete without CEL's and codes thrown

Awk08, I tried to figure out how to reply to my pm but I am convinced I can't. Nice car you have there. I have a blue 20th all original, Gti glx turbo (gtivrt) and a R32 (gutted and being turned into a race car). If there is something I am missing on how to reply to a pm please inform me.

Awk08, I tried to figure out how to reply to my pm but I am convinced I can't. Nice car you have there. I have a blue 20th all original, Gti glx turbo (gtivrt) and a R32 (gutted and being turned into a race car). If there is something I am missing on how to reply to a pm please inform me.

nery fine collection you have going there I:I

you need to be a member for 3 days and have 3 posts for the PM system to work on here.
(keeps spammers at bay)
i wasn't even sure you'd get my PM.

you on any dub forums i could check out your rides ?
or post us some pics in here I:I

welcome to BF !

I pretty much just read info but if I have helpful knowledge I will chime in. I am a member of vwvortex but I don't really post anything. I am internet shy but in real life I am very outgoing.

Speaking of helpful knowledge... I wouldn't waste my money on any naturally aspirated mods for the vr6. the head design doesn't flow well enough to see any kinds of power increase without serious head work or going forced induction. However, if you are looking to make it sound better, then by all means put a header and exhaust on it.

If you ever decide to go turbo and want a stand alone ecu I build megasquirts and my co-worker is a certified tuner. Mostly for supra's and stuff but that's why I run VW's. Always root for the underdog because when hes top dog its that much more impressive.

I wish I had some more suggestions but I don't know too much about vw's aside from the basics ... I can say if you really want some crazy speed twin turbo is the way to go. Get a a smaller turbo to start spoolin quick off the line and a bigger turbo to take over at higher rpm's and speeds. Obviously between the turbos, blow off valves, intercooler and piping your talking thousands and I don't know how crazy you want to get. Those headlights are pretty sweet, are they the blue bulbs or hyper whites ?