New Car

Nice herp. If you're still looking for wheels I'll give you a shout if I find anything in your specs. I'm constantly searching for wheels for my car because I need a 17x12 with ZERO offset and a 305 to fit my car and actually look normal with the widebody

So yeah. great idea to go driving in the dark when your speedo doesnt work and you can see cops.

got pulled over for 67 in a 55. written warning because i was honest

so i got my LED strip yesterday and got it wired and working in about 45 min.
This is the kit (with wall power supply) http://www.amazon.com/dp/SUPERNIGHT/?tag=jyj356j5-20
Kit with no power supply http://www.amazon.com/dp/SUPERNIGHT/?tag=jyj356j5-20
only the led strip, no control http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005EHHLD8/?tag=jyj356j5-20

hooked into the switches on my dash. flip it on and auto memory saves the last color. which may seem cheesy, but trust me. if you have dim blue when you turn it off, and it goes to stark white when it comes back on. you will go blind for a few moments (which is NOT good driving)

my plans for it is to run it around the feet area and possibly around the center console reaching into the back seats.
i also plan to get another one for better dome lights. i would run 2-4 strips back (can be cut and soldered, come in 16.4 foot length)

there is a flash setting which goes from fast strobe to pretty slow. only white
fade3 and fade7 will fade between colors at the speed you set
one other one where it flashes between colors but i forget the name

pictures:
dim white thrown around the console and into the back, no pointing direction

dim white 2 or 3 wraps left on the roll sitting in back seat

dim white still around console, this is how bright the ceiling is

the setup. switches above and the white box on the right side is the control. remote in middle for radio, remote on left for changing colors

4 main colors. there are more presets below them. and also DIY colors where you set the color (although not the brightness-dumb)

So about the speedometer. I read if you checked speed via the OBD2 port and got no reading it would be the speed sensor.

Likewise i went ahead and ordered the $60 part and installed it.

And of course it didnt fix it. Went on the jetta forum and waited 2 weeks for an answer.

The answer i got? Check fuse #7. Well thats the back-up lights fuse. so i checked it and sure enough!!

So i spent $60 when i could have spent a buck at menards...

i had my odometer on honda accord stop working for a year then all of a sudden started to work about.25,000 miles later....hmmmm odometer fraud maybe.i almost replace a transmission range sensor for rev light but it turned out i need a new wire harness,which i knew the minute i looked at the hack job someone did on the ram truck:)

i have some of those led light strip never installed em yet:)

So i can take out that #7 fuse to stop the odo too

i dont think so every car is different mine was breaking i dont know how you would stop it....wherever it is recording itself:) half to research that prob not the greatest idea for inspection ect as it would say the same miles every year
my honda accord it was 300 dollars for the part so i was not intrestred :)

the VW's store the milage in the ECU.
the cluster is just a display for whats stored in the ECU
IIRC, it takes the paid version of VAGCOM to transfer your milage onto a new/used ECU.

Im pretty sure the clusters store the mileage.

And i say this because there is a guy selling used clusters he set to 0 miles. But im not 100% sure

Also. I ordered an AC compressor last night.

Used from a 1.8t

If you didnt know, i need to replace mine because it has a bad squeal and could lock up at some point.
So i just decided to buy a used one for now. new one is $400 so i probably wont buy a new one ever haha

watch it be the pulley next to it squealing -.-

Also. I ordered an AC compressor last night.

Used from a 1.8t

If you didnt know, i need to replace mine because it has a bad squeal and could lock up at some point.
So i just decided to buy a used one for now. new one is $400 so i probably wont buy a new one ever haha

watch it be the pulley next to it squealing -.-

I did not know, or i would have offered to sale you the spare one I have, from a vr6 :(

pulley next to AC is H2O pump correct ?

Got a debated grill. Will do the hood some time over lunch, prime and then rattle can white. When I get enough money I will get a new hood, fender and bumper. Will also have them painted right

Also have headlights on the way because my drivers side decided to not work

Attachments

• 1424640329501-1257815754.jpg
    1424640329501-1257815754.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 257
wanna another one herp ?

my sons '02 2-slow GL, blown timing belt again = bent valves = $1500 1-1/2 years ago.
I will not fix that piece of shat again, it's going to the crusher just for my satisfaction :)
or come get it.

no i dont want a 2.slow

i actually considered buying another engine to build with though :)

guy in PA selling one for 350 picked up. runs, i doubt good

What does your vin start with Herp? Out of "all" the V dubs I have ever owned I always had some type of an electrical issue. Most of the time something stupid and chasing things around a bit but sometimes just out right Rogain material.

well in 02 they changed a lot of electrical things. mainly being the door and security systems

as for the headlight they were just cheap aftermarket ones. driver side has no top mounting tabs even.
im sure its the light thats messed up. i used to smack it and it would turn on

wanna another one herp ?

my sons '02 2-slow GL, blown timing belt again = bent valves = $1500 1-1/2 years ago.
I will not fix that piece of shat again, it's going to the crusher just for my satisfaction :)
or come get it.
does it have a salvaged title? i actually want to do a project mk4 but i dont need the motor. hell i will help you melt it down for satisfaction :)

i need an original straight frame though. especially in the rear for what i wanna do :)

the jetta is not slavage titled,
although it should be o_O
he bought it 3 years ago from a used car lot for $5000
he's wrecked it twice,
I put new core support, rad, ac rad, bumper cover and steel, hood, grill and both headlights in it.
the bumper/hood are black, dr. fender is red and rest of car is that dark green.
then he hit something else one night, claims it was hairy and running ? and blew both overhead and passenger side seat airbag, LOL

here's his current ride we got at salvage auction, although it's titled good ?
we did head gasket and full tuneup,
seems to be OK for what little we have in it
blazer.png

Reactions: speedyslyder