New Car

been gone for a few days, got some of the stuff i ordered already. including:
hood lift
radio face
lower grills

decided to switch the cash tab to JUST parts, so took 2800 off above post.

also ordered more stuff wednesday

Muffler: 47
bluetooth OBD2 connector: 11 (recommended by awk)
hood pins: 42 (because they are cool and my hood is chitty)
large "graffiti" sticker: 19 (to put over mismatch parts, like the mirror i get will be black)

This tab: 118.76
total tab: 256.83

Dont have much else to buy at the moment. like i said before, i could get a new hood, but dents add character.

Haters need not comment on below statement.
I will probably buy an amp and sub(s) next. Plenty of room in the trunk, and its already got the cables run, so why not?

Found out i already have nice speakers (unsure of brand) in all the door panels. so that saves me $100-$250

looks better than when it was sticking out before, still need that trim piece :(

this is much nicer than the 2x2 piece of wood i had

crappy welds, but its doing the job. will paint it soon

before

after with grills

lookin good herp.

i took a utility knife and completely cut out the orange parts marked below, so the lower grills actually flow some air instead of just fillers, that allows air into the auxillary radiator that sits right behind the pass side grill

herp.jpg

also, flip the lid open on that fusebox that sits on top of the battery, and be sure all nuts/connections are tight, they're notorious for working loose and burning up the plastic base of the fusebox. replaced my sons already, but mine seems to be all tight.
worth checking

herp.jpg

Last edited:
ik what you mean about cutting the orange out. but the passenger side has that part removable, so i took it out.

the drivers side has some holes, but no rad so i wasnt worried about it blocking anything

ik what you mean about cutting the orange out. but the passenger side has that part removable, so i took it out.

the drivers side has some holes, but no rad so i wasnt worried about it blocking anything

removeable ha ?
you must have bought OEM ?
my ebay cheapys needed cut out

removeable ha ?
you must have bought OEM ?
my ebay cheapys needed cut out
??? nope ???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191125065917?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I have never been keen on single hood lifts.

How much does the panel flex when you pull to close.
The piece i welded back on? none really. pushing down on it doesnt move
if you lift it up a little when its fully extended it looks a little weak by moving a tad. i had planned to weld a little more onto it because of that reason

Last edited by a moderator:
More goodies today!
antenna
hood pins
mirror control

also wanted to point out in this picture. the first day it was home my mom removed the "4 doors for more whores" sticker.
i was surprised at how fast she caught it, but i probably would have removed it that day anyways

antenna needed some super glue to stick together

replacing the switch was the easiest part, removing the door panel was not

hood pins are larger than i expected, and look like total sh*t. will be returning them asap

found this in the center of the bumper. another reason to replace it..

also, flip the lid open on that fusebox that sits on top of the battery, and be sure all nuts/connections are tight, they're notorious for working loose and burning up the plastic base of the fusebox. replaced my sons already, but mine seems to be all tight.
worth checking

looks good to me boss. and notice the battery size? no room for an oil catch like you did

no chit there's no room in that box, thats a farm tractor battery :)

herp 2.jpg

nice repair herp, even drilled the whole at then end to keep it from traveling further

what would be the best size rims?
it has 16"
but im wondering if 17 or 18 would be better. which would have the most tire choices? cheapest?

what would be the best size rims?
it has 16"
but im wondering if 17 or 18 would be better. which would have the most tire choices? cheapest?

the 16's will be cheapest, prices go up as size does.

you know to switch bolt patterns you need wheel spacer/adapters too, and they aint cheap :(
some jetta guys go to the 17" "long beach" rims from passats, not sure what bolt pattern they are or if adapters are needed ?
go to jettajunkies or vortex and find the stickied tire/wheel thread for more info

i've had these saved in my ebay for a while now, ok looking cheap 16" rims.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motegi-MR10...tta&hash=item27ddb99664&vxp=mtr#ht_5375wt_970

use tiirerack.com tire/wheel package search for your vehicle, it'll tell you what size tires match what rims for your car
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/wtpa...h=&autoMake=&autoModel=&autoYear=&autoModClar=

Last edited by a moderator:
here's a calculator to compare tire sizes.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php

i punched in the 2 most common tire sizes my truck can use, 245/75/16 and 265/70/16
the diameter, circumference and rotations per mile are all under 1% difference, thats negligable.

at 65 mph the bigger tire runs .29 mph faster, also negligable.