New Car

well, lets just leave rims out for now i guess. i still dont have a summer job...

tomorrow i will make a sign for my yard saying i will mow. will also put one by our trailer house in the trailer park, a lot of places need mowing there

i would like to get some sound in the car. when i took the door panel off, i saw that it did not have aftermarket speakers, just nice ones from stock
which is fine for now. subs will come first and then speakers

this will probably be a dead thread for a month except putting pictures in of other stuff i already ordered.

plasti dip will probably be how i do the rims. black or orange idk yet

got my muffler, will install that in about an hour when i go to my dad's boss's shop.

N1 universal muffler. 2.5in 4out 4" carbon fiber tip

here comes that herp kid, i can hear his vroom vroom muffler 3 blocks away :)

so i got it on

i have to admit i was scared to drive over the open pit i used....

unfortunately what i thought was 2.5" pipe was really 2"
so i flipped the 2.5 around i got and put the smaller end over the old pipe and old coupler.
doing some sh*tty welding on the galvanized pipes... then giz told me AFTER to grind it off and it would have worked... Grrr...

so anyways, it now has 2 mufflers. im helping the lady i watched their dog for with yard work. easy way to make a little money.
will go to orielys again and buy the correct size pipe to remove the front muffler.

the muffler i got also had a "silencer" basically it was a smaller out pipe than the 4" tip.
and thats removable and removed. so it probably sounds close to what it did before (havent run it since i took it off. too quiet with it ik)

hopefully tomorrow i get the second muffler out, but not sure

Well, i got the pipe almost done finally

so before i had done the muffler part, or back section.

now i have the front part done and the back part removed.

I had thought using 2 30 degree bends would get me over the suspension, but now im going to get a piece of flex pipe for that.

so about 3-4 feet of pipe straight off the cat, and i have to say, it sounds AWESOME!!

although my dad is going to make me put the muffler back on hehe. i dont want to drive it anywhere until im done, too loud for town.

when we pulled up at home, we were in the ally and my parents about 4 miles away. giz and i love loud stuff
so i hit 3500 rpm in neutral. wasnt enough, 5500 was too damn sexy (9pm, didnt want to try and find the rev at 6500 and see how fast we get cops around here:))

So I ordered some plastidip.

Put my address in on the site. Paid through PayPal which so far everything has been shipped here right? Yeah, so I figured it was right..

Guess not, cause now I'm contacting them to get the shipping address to come here. They replied in about half hour, so hopefully by tonight the shipping address is changed and heading here.

So I ordered some plastidip.

Put my address in on the site. Paid through PayPal which so far everything has been shipped here right? Yeah, so I figured it was right..

Guess not, cause now I'm contacting them to get the shipping address to come here. They replied in about half hour, so hopefully by tonight the shipping address is changed and heading here.

go into your paypal account and completely delete your old address from any existance on there.
enter your new addy and be sure to mark it as default if possible

my mom looked at the paypal addresses, there are 12 :eek:
and she said she couldnt delete them? she was on her ipad, so technically mobile, i will try

Soooooooo, we went to buy fireworks in my car, and my dad saw it and came in too. anyways, he pulled out right before me
we had parked on a slope steeper than i have ever had to start on, wasnt to bad, but gravel and i had to back out

so the main problem was not backing up was NOT the problem

what WAS the problem was that my foot slipped and i hit 5000 rpm with my dad right behind me....
he didnt seems to be too mad, i told him it was an accident. all he said was "sounded like you hit the rev limiter"

so idk how he feels about my exhaust. i may put the silencer in until i get pretty good at take offs.

just harder for reverse because its a higher gear than first, and i was backing up

image.jpg
My 03 GLi boy do I miss her. 24v 6speed manual vr6

hisanhers.jpg

My 2 new loves of my life. My wifes car i bought her on the left 97 volvo 850R sedan (854) and my 96 volvo 850R wagon (855) love these 2 cars to death..... so much fun pulling up next to the ricey kids and smoke them in a wagon lol gotta love it

everyone makes a mistake on standards once in awhile..don't sweat it...especially if it is new to you..even if you are a pro..every cars clutch is a lil different:)

That was a long time ago lol. only had it a few days. im good with it now.

well i have it narrowed down to being the compressor pulley being the squeal i have had for a while now.
so im going to look into replacing it, but a new compressor is $300+ and they dont sell just the pulley

i havent fixed the squeal. it costs too much.

currently im doing some work with lighting. if you look at my headlights they have halos.
i hooked those up and have switches inside

also since my interior lights dont work with the drivers door, i want to add some new ones.
i will put LED strips under the dash to light up the feet area

my switches are replacing the cupholder in dash. if you have ever seen it, you will know why the cupholder is useless.
plus mine was broke. so i put a diamond plate cover over it and i will finish the trim around my radio when im done wiring

i finished hooking up the halos last night, and this morning on my way to school i realize my speedo is not working... its resting on 0

oh well, one thing leads to another