Back to the Dublife !

I got a VDUB in the family to. 2000 Jetta my Daughter got a couple months back. I would post pics but Photobucket is not working for me.

I got a VDUB in the family to. 2000 Jetta my Daughter got a couple months back. I would post pics but Photobucket is not working for me.

nice,
(sent your text to my email, then to tinypic)

dubbindemoness' 00 jetta
33cq93s.jpg

looks like my sons dark green '02 GL.

it is a 07 GTI Fahrenheit edition only made 1200, if u guys would like some more pictures of the orange trim inside and the "number plate" on the steering wheel i can get them tomorrow

here you guys go :

front shot:

rims they are 18's:

and just for fun....

whaaaaat, a fahrenheit......badass !!!!
19.gif

i just watched one from around here not sale on ebay,
it went to almost $14 g's, reserve not met.
i think the guy wanted closer to 25+
the mod list was unreal, A/M turbos/intercooler, full suspension, exhaust ect.
he claimed it was the fastest fahrenheit in the US ?

and yes, i'd like more pics

There is another in our area we were told about at the local VW dealer and i guess that one is built to the gills, all we have on ours is a nuespeed intake

ive been trying to convince her to let me put a turboback exhaust.... but she doesnt like the price

Here's one at work I'm looking into maybe getting. I was impounded a month ago. It has to be held for 90 days then ran threw auto theft. I don't see the owner getting it do to the storage fee that's do on it. There's the tow fee and $45 a day storage.
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad338/dakotademon7/517B27A9-4826-47D9-
It's a Jetta with turbo and manual trans. It's also a Wolfburg edition.
AA04-D2F1717C7756-1752-000001638A4C8B20.jpg
null-34.jpg

the '07 Jetta GLI also came in a fahrenheit edition, wish it was in the burnt orange of the GTI

2nrhgmp.jpg

the orange is the same...... its the lighting difference, we passed a Jetta one on the highway one day and its the same, its called "Fahrenheit orange" is the color

sometimes ours looks almost yellow to, the lighting in the shed is pretty dark so it makes it look super dark.

oh, so the jetta did come in orange too ? hmmm.
but it definately comes in yellow like pictured above, i've seen one

i believe the yellow was another different edition, because the orange color is "Fahrenheit orange"

nope.................

@ 1:00 he says the jetta's only came in the imola yellow

looks like all the jettas were yellow and all the gti's were orange.......

jetta fahrenheit - Google Search

Last edited by a moderator:
after ordering parts for the last few weeks, i've finally got everything and then some to reassemble this thing,
found a better shape used hood last week, just needs sanded/painted
new parts..... bumper rebar, bumper cover, rub strip and smoked lights for it (to match the smoked fender markers) both R/L fender liners, bottom center skid plate, stock antenna base w/ carbon fiber stubby mast, all 3 lower bumper cover grills
oil pressure sending switch, K&N oil filter, the "crackpipe" and the badgeless mesh grill pictured on page 1 is on the way
and...
billet oil catch can for the PCV system < there was some oil laying in the intake when i did intake and valve cover gaskets a few weeks ago,
VW's are notorious oil users, and the vapors from the crankcase being sucked thru the PCV valve is the culprit.
the catch can routes the PCV vacuum thru it then back to the PCV valve/intake.
a fitration substance (stainless scrubby pads) in the can "catches" most of the oil from entering the intake and recycled back thru the intake/cylinders and burnt off.....

343tbpt.jpg

still debating wether to put a petcock on the catch can for draining it when needed, or i found a 1/8" npt miniature solenoid valve for $15, i could just drain the "caught" oil from inside with the push of a button on the dash :)

i had also previously removed the secondary air pump (SAI) and associated emissions garbage.
these are know problems with the mk4 VW's and cause frequent check engine lights.
it comes on for only 30 seconds when first started, pumps fresh air directly into the head to lean the mixture and heat the catalytic converter faster.
nonsense I say ! (as do many others)
it's removal will eventually cause a CEL from the secondary O2 sensor.
so a stage 2 race flash of the ECU from C2 Motorsports is in the very near future,
http://www.c2motorsports.com/index....tegory_id=117&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=58
besides the performance gains, it allows the deletion of the CAT, 2nd O2 sensor, SIA system, and EGR valve without causing CEL's
we don't have emmisions testing here, so no worries :)

todays mission was to get the front end back together, which included the damaged frame repair/alignment /welding, rad core support, bumper rebar and bumper cover on/aligned.......

yep, i used the frame piece i made, it worked great,
i forgot to get pics of it sprayed with truck bedliner spray,
you can't hardly even tell it was repaired, and everything aligned perfectly !

f5k6r.jpg

i'll get pics of it with bedliner when i remove the bumper cover for paint tomorrow.

reassembled and ready for hood and bumper cover paint tomorrow, also got the radiator and A/C stuff reconnected .......

vfcihl.jpg

rm192v.jpg

Last edited:
Great work. Your really getting some good work done on it.

also grabbed these 80's MK1 wolfsburg fender badges, although a "wolfsburg edition" is a lesser version than my GLX, i've always liked these badges and replaced the square black ones on my '90 GLI with these, i searched for weeks and finally found a decent condition set on ebay,
i had to have them.........

30u9uki.jpg

and since no vendors make a combi valve (sai system) delete piece for the MK4's ?
i cut off and packed full of quicksteel the part that sticks into the head, i had a expandable freeze plug in it, as per the DIY on vwvortex,
but feel safer with this bolt on "factory VW" piece :).........

2jb3b5s.jpg

Last edited: