2005 Blaster Rebuild

Its all apart. Cases are split crank out. I need to take them to my Dad's for a god cleaning tomorrow after work.
IMG_0342[1].JPG

My top end came back in. I am still in awe at the quality of work done on it. Fantastic job Ken! Thank you again!
IMG_0343[1].JPG
IMG_0344[1].JPG

I actually had a good time splitting these cases! I found out alot about my motor, and I'm really glad I did it. I found a few pieces of Debris in the cases. I took my time, and labeled it all, so it will be easier for me to reassemble it.

Getting this engine this far is really making me feel that much closer to being done. I still have a ton of work to do, but I'm getting closer to my goal of having a soild Blaster.

BETTER GET THEM FOREARMS IN SHAPE !!!!! :)

img_0343-1-jpg.8588

Diet Beer does a body good! Actually I have recurring stomach ulcers, so 64's are the only thing I can drink, and not feel like I got stabbed in the guts later on!
that a good reson for sure. back to the case and motor. the cylinder looks great. those intake ports a huge. putting your cases back together will be just as fun as taking them apart.

I am eagerly waiting for a cylinder with a KOR port job the enter my mail box, if it is anything like the above I am sure my forearms are going to be punished.

The ASR's showed up today, Along with a 400ex shock I got for $18, and some PC-03 seal grease.

The arms are on, but Not set up yet. I did sit on it tonight for a few minutes, and make some Braapppping noises. Felt good. LOL

My neighbor is going to come over tomorrow and give me a hand doing it. The main thing I'm having trouble figuring out, is how to run the new Brake lines. No way that I tried looked right, so I'll try again tomorrow.
IMG_0354[1].JPG
IMG_0356[1].JPG
IMG_0355[1].JPG

lookin good fred !

i had troubles with my +3 dual lines after extending my stem +2"
i ended up running them across the top front a-arm, it was the shortest route to the caliper
you can kinda see them in this pic.........

02.jpg

Reactions: Lms
Sexy!
I wish mine were still the gloss black with the stickers lol.

I ran my brake line on the upper a-arm on the rear piece. then into the frame and up. They are extra long, even with my raised stem still have extra

lookin good fred !

i had troubles with my +3 dual lines after extending my stem +2"
i ended up running them across the top front a-arm, it was the shortest route to the caliper
you can kinda see them in this pic.........

View attachment 8711
What are those little clips holding it on? And where can they be found lol

I have low-rise bars, thats why i dont have a problem with my +3 stem

I have low-rise bars, thats why i dont have a problem with my +3 stem
ASR sells clamps for the speedlines! I need to get some myself.

Thanks for the Pic Awk. I'll try it that way tomorrow. I did raise my bars 30mm?? or Whatever the Tusk riser is!! Where I wasn't liking it was around the steering stem. I'll figure something out.

mine are ASR brand,
Streamline and Mod Quad also make them, be sure to get the correct size diameter for your arms.
some come with rubber inserts to adjust for different sizes.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=ASR brake clamps&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XASR brake line clamps&_nkw=ASR brake line clamps&_sacat=0

sorry for the thread jack fred, but herp woulda drove me nuts if i didn't answer him :)

Last edited by a moderator:
mine are ASR brand,
Streamline and Mod Quad also make them, be sure to get the correct size diameter for your arms.
some come with rubber inserts to adjust for different sizes.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=ASR brake clamps&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XASR brake line clamps&_nkw=ASR brake line clamps&_sacat=0

sorry for the thread jack fred, but herp woulda drove me nuts if i didn't answer him :)

I don't care buddy. Now I know where to buy some also!

Last edited by a moderator: