2005 Blaster Rebuild

My crank came back today with a bottom end Kit. I've been working on it since I got home from work. Ken's did an awesome job on that Crank, Top shelf work for sure.

Over the last 2 weeks, I've been rounding up parts, lapping cases, and getting ready for this job. I've been excited to get my hands dirty on this.

I got too busy working, and didn't start taking pics untill I had the cases back together.
IMG_0362[1].JPG

I watched Ken's videos numerous times, and planned ahead. I did use the PC-03 grease on the insides, and loctite on the outside of the seals.
IMG_0365[1].JPG

IMG_0367[1].JPG

IMG_0368[1].JPG

IMG_0369[1].JPG
I stopped for tonight after I got the clutch on and adjusted. Tomorrow is another day.
IMG_0370[1].JPG

I got the top end back together tonight. I had a hard time getting my expansion plug to stay in the exhaust port due to it being so polished now! I roughed up the rubber plug with some emery cloth, and then it stayed in, and it passed a leak down test.

Everything is back in. I still have to put the new chain and rear sprocket on, stator cover, and the tank and rear fenders. I'm going to go over to my neighbors garage this weekend too to finish setting my a-arms up. No where in my garage is level enough to get dialed in.
IMG_0372[1].JPG
IMG_0373[1].JPG

I'm going to buy some fresh gas in the morning, and start heat cycling. This is better than x-mas morning when I was a kid.

The upgrades this winter so far.
KOR Porting and Head Mod, Rebuilt crankshaft, new bottom end, 400ex and 450r rear shocks, ASR+3+1's, WPS chain and sprockets, New speed line brakelines, new tierods & ends.

I still got alot of work, but it's about there.

Reactions: YZX and Herpderplol
Heat cycles are done. A-arms are set in. On my way over to my neighbors garage, I felt what everyone was talking about. This thing is going to rip. I only got into second gear, and was amazed. My neighbor said my smile on my face was priceless.

Its all done, up and running, and re tourqued the head. There is a few loose odds and ends that need put back on, but I'll probably have most of that done by noon tomorrow. Here are some pics I took from today.
IMG_0373[1].JPG
IMG_0376[1].JPG
IMG_0378[1].JPG
IMG_0379[1].JPG
IMG_0380[1].JPG
IMG_0381[1].JPG
IMG_0382[1].JPG

Reactions: YZX and blasterfied
looks awesome fred, nice work !
grip it and rip it :)

Thanks guys! I never could have got this far without the Help of Forum Members. Everyone who gave me advise, walked me through problems, gave me porting and head mods, offered their number to call, and just gave their support--------THANKS!

I went down to the farm today to do a little bit of easy break in riding. I never went over half throttle and I can't belive the power Ken got out of this top end. Crazy Billy went with me and took my white Blaster since his 350x's brake need some massive attention. I let him take a little ride in the field and he was speachless too.

Beside from the new power, the suspension upgrades made a night and day difference too. It feels so much nicer now.

I stopped to answer the work phone, and Billy snapped a few pics off.
blaster1.jpg
Blaster2.jpg
Blaster4.jpg

Reactions: Lms
glad ya got a little ride in, no holding back next time out, time to feel the powaa :)