Yamaha Warrior 350 your feelings about this quad

I have owned a warrior, and I will never again. The technology was outdated when it came out and is even worse now. They are heavy, stiff and slow. Mine had some work done to it, stocker, ported, pipe, carb, shocks and other sh*t. The thing was even with my friends slip-on 400ex that was abused.
The warrior was a killer on the back. They have no shock travel at all. I strongly recommend you not buy this and get something better.

As a matter of fact I did buy an oem crank. Theres a good reason for it too. I tryed a hot rods crank in my 250r and the rod snapped and took out my piston and cylinder. I had maybe 12 hrs on that motor and it was ruined. I wouldn't put one of those cranks in any motor even if someone paid me to run it. Just because you can find an ad thats selling a part really cheap, doesn't mean its a good deal

Last edited by a moderator:
As a matter of fact I did buy an oem crank. Theres a good reason for it too. I tryed a hot rods crank in my 250r and the rod snapped and took out my piston and cylinder. I had maybe 12 hrs on that motor and it was ruined. I wouldn't put one of those cranks in any motor even if someone paid me to run it. Just because you can find an ad thats selling a part really cheap, doesn't mean its a good deal

do you have pics?

anyways, oem crank... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-Y...456800QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited by a moderator:
I still ride my warrior over both my yfz and my blaster. Just has a certain feel to it that you gotta love. Its a very user friendly quad. And no parts aren't that expensive. Maintenance it the right way and you have very little cost in repairs.

dude, you can get a banshee for cheap, and parts are cheaper for them.
don't get a warrior, they suck.
245stroker, if that hot rod broke, you didn't do something right, had mine in for about 3 years now without a problem.
other quads you should look into should be older 2-strokes like a lt250r, easy work and are great quads.

heres my opinion and thoughts about the Yamaha warrior, if you want a utility quad with a lil sport in it,then this is the right choice, if you want a completely sport quad like the blaster, something that will perform equally or better than the blaster get a banshee or another, a yamaha Warrior is more of an utility quad.

i have riden a warrior and i will tell you this it has better shocks.
it has reverse which is awsome.
and you WILL fall im love with the torque after riding a 2 stroke.
on the blaster if your just putting along in 6th and hit the gas you dont go anywere. in the warrior if your putting along in 6th then hit it your ganna get up and go that was my favorite part of the quad.

the way i look at it is that i ride different then other people and if i want torque then im ganna go with a warrior get my drift???
get the warrior.

the warrior does not get up and go when you get it gas. the quad has no power or torque.
If you want something that when you give it gas it rips, get a banshee or a zilla or a 450. All of these quads have actually power.

245stroker, if that hot rod broke, you didn't do something right, had mine in for about 3 years now without a problem.
QUOTE]

Everything was put together correctly. My engine builder has been building 2 stroke engines for over 20 years. Even weisco said that the rod was defective when they looked at it first hand. They refunded my money for the defective rod but wouldn't pay for a new cylinder or piston

legally, they werent even obligated to refund you, that just shows the spirit of the company that they did.
and you are one of the first ones i have heard complain about them.
do you have pictures of this destruction?

i switched over to quads from bikes and got a blaster in a trade didnt like it sold blaster and bought a stock 2003 warrior and love it i adjusted the suspension and changed gearing and have no problem keeping up to my friends 400exs on the road on the trail its another story they cant touch me.if you maintain the warrior you will have no problem i beat the hell out of mine every weekend clean the filter and change the oil after ride and havent had a problem.the best thing to do is go take it for a ride and see if you like it if you take care of it it will last way longer then a blaster cheaper to.