New to this lifestyle checking everything out also just got my first quad style 2 stroke fourwheeler

Jacob ware

Dec 16, 2020
Hello everyone im new to this and also just got my first quad style fourwheeler with 2 stroke engine so please excuse me if my questions seem a lil out their only bike ive ever owned was 4 stroke utility bikes. So yesterday I went and traded for a 2002 yamaha blaster I havent really got to play with it a lot but the couple times I have ive kinda noticed a lil bit of a bog if I dont pat the gas so to speak sometime ill pat the gas and then try and push it about half throttle it try to bog/die down also i like to know the best fuel oil mixture because ill mix my own im not trying to go a whole lot faster than what they're rated for stock I want to ensure the longevity of the bike also want to enjoy it like it was made to the guy I got the bike from give me a bunch of different parts with some of the parts being several different packs of new jets is their a particular jet the bike needs to run correctly/safely/and not wear the engine out. My next question is im a bigger dude 6'3 about 350 probably lil to big for the blaster but I like it and it not to uncomfortable the only concern I've really got is the wheel base ive been seeing theirs a lot of kits to make the bikes wider and a lil longer im thinking about getting one in the future and need to know when u put either kit on them what all is required do u just change the suspension and go or do you have to change rear brake line, sprocket,chain ect..... so on so on. Thats about all I can think about right at the moment any kind of advice or help would greatly be appreciated.

Reactions: Larry's Shee
First thing to do is a close inspection of it. Look for loose or missing nuts/bolts, anything broken, worn.

Next do a complete maintenance job. Clean air filter, lube cables, chain. Before you remove the spark plug , clean around it at least , better yet power wash it. How does it look like? Probably might as well replace it. BR8es ONLY !!

As to the oil mix, are you SURE the oil injection is deleted? If there is a small hose from the right side of carb to the lower right of engine.

Next you have to determine what mods does it have. Pipe? Air filter? Does it have the air box lid?

Last edited:
I think he ment br8es. Which is a resistor plug. Or you can run b8es which is non resistor but seems to be getting harder to find

Grammar Nazi ALERT !!
That has to be the longest run on sentence I’ve seen in a long, long time.
Lol my grandmother was a grammer nazi have to excuse the long post but this site said it the best for asking questions and learning these bikes and I'm probably gonna have a lot of questions lol
Grammar Nazi ALERT !!
That has to be the longest run on sentence I’ve seen in a long, long time.

Reactions: Slydog and Awk08