Oil Injection Support, Please help!

SpaceCookie26

Nov 30, 2019
Hi to everyone on this page, been reading a lot on this forum and everyone seems very helpfull so thank you in advance for any help!

My Issue is with my 2006 blaster, I bought this few months back and want some advice on the oil injection system. When i bought this quad the red oil light continues to flash when riding, I know this is because of the oil tank located in the back which is bone dry. The seller told me he pre-mixes the fuel and that is normal for it to flash with no oil on the Injection. So i am currently mixing my own fuel at 32:1 but he has not removed the injection pump atall. The oil tank is still located under the rear fender. My question to you all is, should i be buying the Oil delete kit and installing that or should I be just using the injection system on the quad? What are the dangers of leaving the injection system on? I dont really care about how it looks and dont care about saving wieght, I read alott on that the Injection system is fine to use aslong as its cared for with enough oil. Somone please help as dont want my engine to sieze. Thank you all again for your time.

Personally, I removed mine... one less thing to worry about. With premix, oil is always there. Oil injection goes out, and by the time you say, oh ****, top end is total junk. Just remove it, not to complex to do!
Please do not forget, with oil delete kit, one must rejet the carb 1 or 2 sizes up. due to more oil in mix compared to the injection. I dont remember where it is on this site, but rejetting is a MUST!!!

Personally, I removed mine... one less thing to worry about. With premix, oil is always there. Oil injection goes out, and by the time you say, oh ****, top end is total junk. Just remove it, not to complex to do!
Please do not forget, with oil delete kit, one must rejet the carb 1 or 2 sizes up. due to more oil in mix compared to the injection. I dont remember where it is on this site, but rejetting is a MUST!!!
Thank you, but am I running a risk by leaving the fuel injection on? Pre-mixing my own fuel and leaving the oil box on rear empty?

Worse case is pump seizes from no oil, plastic gear breaks and pieces get into bearings. 99.9% of failures are so to operator error. Oil injection has been used since the early sixties.

Be sure that the nipple on carb is securely blocked off.