Yamaha Warrior 350 your feelings about this quad

Apr 21, 2008
long island, New York
sold my blasty today and a friend of friend has a warrior he might sell. i know nothing about these and were wondering the pros and cons.if you own, have ridden or been near one let me get your feedback. hasn't told me a price or year yet so i'll let you know. Thanks in advance

my bud has one their about as fast as a blaster with few mods

but they have a lot more torqe

but blasters are more fun to goof around on

warriors are known for being great trail quads

im somewhat fond of some warriors, stretch them out a little, throw on a pipe and a high comp piston, and they are pretty nice machines

I had a '00, wasn't too bad. They can be pricey to fix. I had to replace the crank and it was almost $500 not including labor.

I had a '00, wasn't too bad. They can be pricey to fix. I had to replace the crank and it was almost $500 not including labor.

diy.
that would cut the price in more than half, paying anybody to split your cases is going to be costly

It wouldn't cut my bill in half. If you have to purchase a crank for a yamaha warrior, it'll cost you almost $500, thats just for the crank. No main bearings, gaskets or seals.
As far as doing it myself, I don't have time. Thats why I've got an engine builder. He builds the motors and I run the sh*t out of them. It seems to work pretty good that way.

if your doing any hard trail riding you might want to buy better shocks for it. i have riden some warriors and i didnt like the ride after 30mins of hard riding

I had a 99' , cost a lot of $ for aftermarket parts. I had it bored and ported with a stroker crank all done by four stroke tech, + a cam and carb upgrade and it still wasn't as fast as new 400's and I had over $3000 just in the motor. Plus the front end is too heavy and it ride like a tank.

We have loved our two Warriors. I prefer it on trail rides to the blasters, the low end is way better. Any 4 stroke will cost more to fix, but you won't have to fix it nearly as often, so it kind of balances out. As has been said, they are heavier, but I also feel thay are a bit more stable. They suck to jump.

It wouldn't cut my bill in half. If you have to purchase a crank for a yamaha warrior, it'll cost you almost $500, thats just for the crank. No main bearings, gaskets or seals.
As far as doing it myself, I don't have time. Thats why I've got an engine builder. He builds the motors and I run the sh*t out of them. It seems to work pretty good that way.

BS dude, where are you buying parts from?
oem marketplaces?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOT-...559152QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited by a moderator:
guess its not worth getting seem like expensive maintence. plus u guys seem like there not fun to drive. if i were tu buy it whats a good price that i cant pass up because usually this guy gives good deals and then i'll sell it.

i have owned a warrior a blaster a banshee and a 400ex the warrior is a ok bike for trails not as fun as a blaster but fun. they are heavy and some of the parts are kinda pricey but they hardly need and major work just routine things ya know and thats not pricey stuff. mine had a e series exhaust and high comp wiesco piston and works shocks and was pretty fast not as fast as my 400ex but it kept up or out ran the blaster and reverse is love when ur in a tight spot and need to be goin back were u came from ya know lol
i still love my banshee though but its always nice to have a 4stroke to trail ride with or pull somethin thats broke down outta da woods

guess its not worth getting seem like expensive maintence. plus u guys seem like there not fun to drive. if i were tu buy it whats a good price that i cant pass up because usually this guy gives good deals and then i'll sell it.

no i would jump on it, i would take a warrior over 2 blasters.
besides, its worth more anyways

i got mine for 1700, warriors arent that bad, i find them fun to ride on trails, there right up there with the blaster to me. jumping it is fun too

Not too bad of a quad, but as said, heavy frame....can't hold a candle to a 400ex in terms of handling either.

The 350 4 stroke is kinda out dated. Yeah, it's got bottom end, it's a 4 stroke, but it could produce a whole lot more power!!

If you're getting a good deal on one, why not, but don't go out of your way and spend big bux on one, IMO.