What does everyone wear when riding?

Helmet, gloves, work boots, goggles(not always worn), shorts or jeans depending on the weather and a pack full of water and some basic tools to fix almost anything on a trail..

i knwo awk hasnt chimed in but if you wanna know why actual riding boots are a must, he will be happy to tell you about how his blasty tried to eat his leg up in the middle of nowheres!!! watch those boot laces fellas!!!!!!!!

i ALWAYS wear my MXR atv waterproof riding boots,
MSR helmet/goggles/gloves and my cabela's camelback
but usually in shorts and t-shirt,
i also have atv pants i'll wear if i expect lots of mud,

but here ya go nick..............

this is after the heli ride and they spun my foot back 180 degrees to the proper direction, oh, and added 4 pins to hold it and fib/tib together again.....................

foot.jpg

/\/\/\ that was 3 years ago, and my heel still gets black and blue sometimes if i overwork it ????
but hardly ever gives me problems, lil stiff once in a blue moon

think i got that problem covered now ??????....................

good boots
jr4u2s.jpg

and huge ass heelgaurds
103a745.jpg

Vega Helmet
Thor Pants
Shift jersey
Fox armidillo suit
Thor goggles
Fly Maverick boots
Thor Gloves
360 camel pack/back pack
Buff for dust

Vega Helmet
Thor Pants
Shift jersey
Fox armidillo suit
Thor goggles
Fly Maverick boots
Thor Gloves
360 camel pack/back pack
Buff for dust

Dude we live in Africa! What happend to loin cloth and watermelon on the head! O yes that were when i was at Tukkies!!! The good old days!LOL

Dude we live in Africa! What happend to loin cloth and watermelon on the head! O yes that were when i was at Tukkies!!! The good old days!LOL

haha thats when you dont have anything important in your head so if you knock it silly its no big loss! near the end of varsity however, you start to actually acquire some knowledge!...i think...

I have some Answer Racing Rockstar over the boot pants. I have some Alpine Stars Tech 2 ATV boots. I have some Fly Racing gloves, an open face helmet, Oakley over the glasses goggles. I wont ride in a short sleeve shirt. So I always wear a hoodie, and I always have my camelback on me when Im riding too cause it carries my tools, and my water :)

Gotta have your gear on man. Gotta.

Put me in the "all of the gear, all of the time" camp.

helmet
goggles
gloves
full boots
Alpinestars flack jacket with spine guard/shoulders
heavy off-road enduro type pants
jersey
water pack

this is how I roll... all I need is my goggles...

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of my need for speed, I adhere to the "dress for the fall" approach to riding regardless of the weather.....which means always wearing:

MX Boots
Helmet w/ face protection
Gloves
chest protector

Good luck!

Put me in the "all of the gear, all of the time" camp.

helmet
goggles
gloves
full boots
Alpinestars flack jacket with spine guard/shoulders
heavy off-road enduro type pants
jersey
water pack
Wife went to Vegas and went a place called cycle gear and bought just about all that. She was going to order on line at some discount place but was told you must try on the clothes so that the pads line where they should. With a salemans help they set her up, she thought the pants were a little short but was told thats the way those are supposed to fit. I gotta run out there next.

I wear comfy jeans a helmet my hard toed workboots and on ocasion fly gloves when I ride dirtbikes I like to wear my thor mx1 boots, green fly pants, gloves and my helmet and a baggy white T-shirt and nothing else causeit gets to hot and I can ride longer.