winter riding???????

twistedink0

Nov 8, 2011
little rhody
ok we all love snow riding well those of us who get snow .. whats some good gear facially . and ways to keep goggles and helmets from fogging up anyone have good ideas or ways to keep good visibility and warm face .. winters here snows on its way .. let get ready now.. good water proof gloves boots anything we know lets share cuzz im stummped and get cold fast and can see for crap when i do ride in snow .. :-/

i don't know bout anyone else, but i found that goggles made for snowboarders work wonders for not fogging up, i can walk in and out of gas stations while out riding and they don't get a hint of fog

Lemon Pledge, not the new fancy kind, just plain old original.
Works great!
(Also cleans VCR heads!)

Although I dont ride in the cold anymore, I used to stuff a coupla sheets of newspaper up the front of my jacket and up my pants on the lower legs. Stops the wind reall well.

I have not tried it but I have heard that glycerine smeared on the inside of goggles stop them fogging.

oh my, funny stuff, did anyone look at that link for the "best winter gear" a few posts back? i just have to get one of those hats!

but yeah, i would definately recommend a snowmobile helmet, a little warmer than a mx helmet, and the lens wont fog up, unless you have a real crappy one

pledge may work on masks but if you use it on googles dont do it right before you ride because it could be blurry so be careful just advice.

Good advice from Killswitch00... I have not really rode in the snow yet because i'm only 12, but i will this season. Any ways what im saying is i would not want to see blurr when im about to start riding..

street bike shields still fog up in the cold, the snowmobile shields are double layered to not fog as quickly

Just make sure you jet richer for the cold !! Way richer !!

Side note: Just looked at a picture of a Mikuni pocket calculator, if you ran a 230 @ 60*f, you would need a 250 @ 0*f , better safe than sorry. https://www.denniskirk.com/mikuni/pocket-tuner.p28189.prd

Need to look at that chart again. 0 is where you have it dialed in at. Everything else is a delta from there whether it be + or -. A - 60 degree delta would call for almost 4 jet size change.