What shoud I wear while riding?

GrungeGod494

Jul 20, 2010
Portage,PA
I currently wear my old vans shoes, and no helmet. My friends all want me to switch to boots because they'll, "protect my feet" more so than shoes. Should I wear boots, or shoes. And what are the advantages of riding gloves?

first off, get a helmet bro. look on iron pony's website. they usually have closeout deals and you can get helmets for like $20 if you look hard enough. i too just wear skate shoes, but thats gonna change hopefully by next weekend after i read about awk08's incident. i'm getting some boots. gloves help alot, especially in the cold or night with bugs and behind someone they protect your hands from rocks and such

number 1, wear a helmet. or be the next winner of a darwin award....

number 2, boots will protect your ankle better in the event that your foot slips off the peg, and with riding boots, there aren't any laces for the chain to grab

riding gloves are nice, they help keep some of the buzz out of your hands and if/when you wreck it minimizes road rash

i always used to like to wear a chest protector too, for just in case

Dude first things first GET A HELMET absolutely stupid to ride without one.
Boots are definitely good to have. I have a set thats never been used that I could sell you if you want them

get a helmet people that don't wear one are the reason we have so many warning labels on our quads. and get some boots I have a pair for sale for sale I Neal size seven youth there has never been a foot in them and they are 300 dollar boots and I'll sell them for 100

Coming from a mx background, i wear my nofear trophee special edition boots, nofear special edition helmet, utopia goggles, oneal monster pants, sleeveless shirt, roost deflector, dirtpaw gloves, and boxers. Oh! Soccer socks too. Wish i had a leatt brace, but they are 'spensive.

on a normal ride I wear my Thor quadrant boots thh helmet Thor googles fox gloves if I need them blue jeans sometimes shorts if it's like 85 plus degrees

Helmet, goggles, gloves, and atv/mx boots.

Cant stand riding with someone who dont wear helmet and goggles. Im always having to wait for them because they dont want to ride fast or get pelted with debris.

Thor M1 boots, Thor Static Pants and Jersey, Thor Enemy goggles with double pane lenses, HJC CL-X3 helmet. Thats all standard gear there.
When I'm racing, I also put on my sixsixone knee braces, fox elbow guards and fox under roost protector (foam that I wear under my jersey). I'd be lying if I said the knee braces haven't saved my knees a couple times. Ive had the bike come back on me and throw me. I usually land on my knees because I know I have the braces there for protection