Throttle broke *Added pics*

Slow

May 13, 2009
I was out getting down on my new 4 wheeler today and all of a sudden it died and the throttle (stock thumb style) feels sloppy like its not moving the blade .. like there isnt any resistance.The quad will fire up but just die.. so it effected the idle too it seems. I havnt had a chance to look at it.. just figured this would be a comon issue and maybe someone can point me in the right direction. This is a bone stock 2003 blaster.

Last edited:
Re: Throttle broke

you probably snapped your throttle cable...

take the cover off the throttle and find out for sure

Ok i'll try that. Suprising it would break so soon.. thing only has a few of tanks of gas through it. Is that a common issue?

im wonderin if this could be a tors failure, anyone know what happens when these go???
mines removed, so , just curious????

So I took the plate off and saw this..

DSC01516.jpg

Still connected fine but looks like it is just stuck WOT. The weird part is.. it died instead of being stuck full throttle.

I took the throttle out and here is a pic of that

DSC01517.jpg

I am not use to these weird carb set ups this is new to me. I am use to a flap that moves sideways with a cable. I am not sure how this one works. But clearly there is nothing in there to actuate air into the throttle body. From the looks of it something in the center goes up.. maybe its stuck up in there.. no idea. Any help?

Ok twisted the top of the throttle body off and have some more info.. some friends of mine talked me into going into a muddy puddle.. well for some reason the back side of the throttle body doesnt have a clamp on it sealing it perfectly so there is some mud that seems to have made it stick. I pulled the reeds out and looked into the cyl and everything seems fine and the throttle is moving again. Im going to clean it all out real well and put a dam clamp on there.. not sure why there wasnt one on!

What happened was, your throttle cable broke or got stuck wide open, and it died because of the tors system. thats what its there for. but its known to fail randomly and cause problems. in your cases, it helped. so check the ends and if nothing there, probably inside the cable it snaped and got stuck or something.

throttle overide system its so if your throttle gets stuck open it will shut off the blaster but its know to fail so most people take em off but im gonna leave mine on till it gives me sh*t for this reason