Pikledbeats Dream Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have yet to experience this bumpsteer! I had the same problem in my TTB ford notorius for bumpsteer when you lift it and for the life of me never could feel it?? Maybe I'm just too muscular to notice! (SIKE!) More like to fat!

You are not riding hard enough Slick!
Actually I don't notice much bumpsteer on the Blaster either, but I still have the stock stiff front shocks.
I did notice it on the TTB Ford and live axle trucks too, bigtime. You lived with it.

Coming from motorcycles, I do notice the harsh steering feedback from hitting things with one wheel.
I smacked a hidden bump in the grass this summer that almost broke my thumb.
I'd think the steering damper would help protect you from that sort of thing?

You are not riding hard enough Slick!
Actually I don't notice much bumpsteer on the Blaster either, but I still have the stock stiff front shocks.
I did notice it on the TTB Ford and live axle trucks too, bigtime. You lived with it.

I think it's just the opposite, I am going too fast to notice! I float over the trails!! ;)

In the Bronco, my tires were always cupped, no Matter how much alignment/balance I had!

Hey guys I have not been on in awhile, and probably wont be back for awhile either, just didn't want to leave with a question mark so here it is.

In early march I was involved in an accident (not quad related) in which the top part of my hand was crushed, the result was the loss of all four fingers above the top knuckle, and part of my thumb on my right hand.

I honestly don't see, at this point, that I will ride again. Not a defeatist attitude, just reality at this point. Even typing has become a hunt-and peck chore and honestly talking about modding and riding etc. is a pointless reminder of what i've lost.

Since the obvious question is gonna be what is going to happen to my blaster and whether i'm parting it. The answer is no. Building my blaster had been my main hobby over the last year and a half, and as a favor, my brother-in-law, put the last bits and pieces back together for me. With help from my local shop he was able to tune and finish it for riding. My choice was to have him crate it over this last weekend for storage ... at some point it will rise again under a new generation when my son is ready.

Thanks to everyone who helped me build my blaster along the way, the help was invaluable. Sadly, this is going to be my last post in this build.

For the few that I was working on projects with, i'm sorry i've left you hanging I have PM'ed you and/or sent you parts free of charge.

Thanks again and good luck to all.

Pikled Beats

Edit: If a mod comes by this could you please close this thread, I tried to find the tool to do it but couldn't ... thanks.

I've been reading this thread and others by you because of your knowledge and willingness to help anyone who asked. You WILL be missed man. I wish you a speedy recovery and a hope that as much effort you put into the blaster, you take that drive and overcome the accident and outcome. Take care pikled.

Loss for words, My brutha from anotha mutha! No let downs here, out of your control- You take care, you have my number if you need anything!- SLICK!

So sorry to hear the news, pikled... I can close this for you... if you need anything else, feel free to PM or email me.

Status
Not open for further replies.