Jetting keihin PE, PJ, PWM, PWK carbs

im having problems with my blaster, it seems to have very little low end "go" and splutters when the hit it wide open and still has a minor splutter at w.o.t, i was gunna have a play with the main jet (my engine builder said so aswell and also advance the timing) before i go near the air screw, nedle jet ect. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Just put this carb on my blaster and after reading this post it worked wonders and i got my carb dialed in soo nice!!!! thanks for the info man!

hey guys i really dont know my way around here much haha but sorry if this is stupid. so here is the deal i might buy a trx250r carb and cable off ebay (34mm). i will mod my stock intake boot but the jetting will probably stump me lol. i was just wondering what jetting i should start with i live in jersey and have a decently worked motor. ken occonor port and polish head mod, power reeds, strait airfilter out of carb, timing advance bored 40 over and thats basically it. what jetting do u think i should run with this carb and it comes with a twist throttle from the trx. will that fit right on or will it be too short. thanks very much guys!!!

hey guys i really dont know my way around here much haha but sorry if this is stupid. so here is the deal i might buy a trx250r carb and cable off ebay (34mm). i will mod my stock intake boot but the jetting will probably stump me lol. i was just wondering what jetting i should start with i live in jersey and have a decently worked motor. ken occonor port and polish head mod, power reeds, strait airfilter out of carb, timing advance bored 40 over and thats basically it. what jetting do u think i should run with this carb and it comes with a twist throttle from the trx. will that fit right on or will it be too short. thanks very much guys!!!

Cable should fit. Need to know what pipe you have. We run a 55 pilot cel needle and 158 main (I think.) That should get you close. Don't forget you will have to get an intake for the motor side.

i have an fmf full pipe and i am going to do the manifold stretch and u mean pilot jet 55 right? this will be good jetting for all my parts and porting. haha sorry bunch of questions and i saw a cheap cr125 carb on ebay and i was going to ask what size it will be and if it will work thanks

A lil help here. Think I have the pilot set but I'm not so sure about the main and needle. Yet to have my chops done but I'm pretty sure my main needs a change. I have to put my needle on the highest clip, meaning leanest. Anywhere else will just make my bike choppy when I'm moving off.

Needle clip ctr position - moving off problem - choppy - smooth after 3/4
Needle clip top position - smooth move off - less power - a little less smooth after 3/4

Should I size down my main and move back clip to ctr? Should i do my plug chop first and check if i should size down?

Should I size down my main and move back clip to ctr? Should i do my plug chop first and check if i should size down?

what carb you running ?
what needle ?
list all mods to the engine, pipe/silencer and airbox filter.
then we'll get you in the ball park

what carb you running ?
what needle ?
list all mods to the engine, pipe/silencer and airbox filter.
then we'll get you in the ball park

My bad. Changed to a 34mm PWK a week back. I cant tell what needle now. Will check it out and post the details later. Pretty much stock except for the filter. Modded and fitted a foam cone, cant remember the brand but I think it's Acerbis.