stroked n ported 240 major clutch slipping

Outlawed Genetics

Jul 17, 2008
finally getting the black and red machine running and have come to the problem where the clutch slips every time i get on it quick. clutch is adjusted right and is brand new with new springs, do they make a set of stronger springs or something to fix this problem?

its the vitos high performance kit with springs included and yes i still have the wavy disk in. i gotta figure this out cuz i dont even have the pipe its ported to match yet and that will definatly add some pony's and make this problem worse. going from a fmf fatty to a factory7/phantom right bend (its ported to match this pipe)

you take out the spring washer and thin fiber disk, and add a full size FIBER disk in its place, thats how i have mine set up

It's the springs that put the clamp force on the disks right? Might wanna check the spring compression rate on yours.

If you use hd springs use only 3 hd springs and the other 2 stock unless you get a hydro clutch.If you use all 5 your hand will fall off 10 minutes into the ride.lol I use a barnett clutch kit with the extra fiber plate(how they come) and they work great.

Use oem plates and disks, replace the small plate as described, your clutch basket has to be in excelent shape, any notching of the tangs and your screwed. so your better off with an aftermarket basket.if its slipping you have glazed the metal disks, the can be sanded, sand blasted etc. to remove the glazing. then mic them to be sure they are in spec. soak your new fiber plates in tranny oil over night before you put it together

did you set up the nut and set screw on the clutch cover The best thing to do is loosen the nut screw the screw out until there is no pressure felt on scew then bring it up to where the pressure starts to hit the screw back out 1/8 turn.tighten jam nut If you have some use a little blue locktite on nut. for the steel plates if you dont have a scotchbrite you can also set it on concrete floor and rub in a swirling motion.Just remember the rougher the steel the more oil it would hold and that just creates more slippage