stroked n ported 240 major clutch slipping

i always adjust the clutch inside the cover first when i install a new clutch. ordered some hd springs just gotta wait for em to get here. hopefully that fixes the problem, if not i'll add the regular disk also. i can only imagine the power it would have if the clutch would stop slipping, its already got balls for days.

angus sells a nice hd clutch kit good for 50 hp

i got one and it has a extra friction plate and hd springs.....works great

Last edited by a moderator:
I try to fix problems myself before buying parts. I have a 240 with home port job (simple port work done). To fix my slight slipping problem I machined small spacers 1/16 thick to put behind springs. I know this might cause the springs to compress over time but they have'nt. This stiffened up springs just enough to stop my slipping and only spent about 1hr of time. Just throwing that out there.

if i wasnt in the situation i am i would have probably tried a couple other things to fix it before ordering parts but right now my time is very valueable to me and its been a long time since i got to ride the beast. in a month i go to jail for 11 1/2 to 23 1/2 months tho so atm im just trying to spend my time as wisely as possible. and im not very good at fixing things so it takes me longer than most to do anything and with my luck i'd probably have 8hrs in fixing the clutch when i could have rode my 04 for a couple of days and then spend 15 minutes putting springs in.

hd springs kennedy power suggested are in still slipping if i adjust one way and not shifting into neutral if i adjust the other way gonna have to try scratching up the metal disks and adding a fiber disk i guess