03 Blaster sat 6 years , seals , aluminum rot,

Sandbox

Sep 2, 2019
11BF99CD-98B6-4471-8BE8-FA13DFC340FC.jpeg
C44E3797-EBEF-4CA7-9530-986AA02CA364.jpeg
View attachment 33889 View attachment 33890 Hello , I’m new but have old problem. I have the job of getting this Blaster going. It quit running 6+ years ago and was stored in garage. We are in Florida with lots of heat and humidity.
The machine is unknown to me, and the owner is not the one who modified it, nor does have a clue what has been done to it. The fmf pipe and v-force3 reeds and a 240 main jet are only clues.
Gas tank had horrible residue from old gas, ethanol it looks like, but the carb was only a little gunked up so I thought the petcock stopped it.
The engine kicked over and had compression so I gave the carb a quick cleaning filled bowl with premix, the engine still has the autolube, and it started with a few kicks. I thought ok this is not so bad.
The machine needed sprockets and chain rusted solid, today when I removed left engine cover I found lots of white powdery residue, so much that it ran out holes in flywheel when turned. I don’t know how it made spark, or kept from destroying magneto when it did run. I have removed stater plate took pics . I’m sure the ethanol filled engine and came thru crank seal to mag. The trans oil is not over full.
What do you all think is next?

9/4

I think it needs to come apart and see if inside looks like outside, I probably should not have started it.

Last edited: