Specialized's 89 Blaster Build

let me know how hard it is to get that motor in i am thinking about doing this swap and are you going to run the vitos pipe on this motor or are u going to use the dt200's exhaust i would say use the vitos but wat do u plan on doing

well got the cylinder and head off tonite. Everything looks good. Head is a little pited as well as the top of the piston. But it looks like the stock piston!
Going to have the head redesigned, cylinder ported, New piston and rings.
Another weird thing i noticed is it has Metal reeds lol . so i will need some new reeds forsure.

Well decided i cant send it out for porting because im going to mexico soon so i went and bought a dremel with the appropriete bits.
Cleaned up the cylinder quite a bit.
Gonna have the head shaved and then put it together and into the blaster.

Still probably be close to the 240 hp wise. Maybe a lil behind without good porting but on the bright side you probably don't have to run race gas anymore!

Yea exactly. And eventually i will send it out for some good porting but for now
DSC02418.jpg

DSC02419.jpg

DSC02420.jpg

DSC02421.jpg

DSC02422.jpg

DSC02423.jpg

BTW the other (stock) cylinder in the pics is forsale

For those who are interested in the swap, the central/South American models sold up until 1999 have the following engine code: 4L7N.

Thanks guys, Yea i had just started on the cylinder that nite.
im going to tackle it again today.
going to buy some more sand paper to get a good shine going.
i didnt raise the exhaust port at all because of the powervalve .
i just narrowed the brindge in the intake and opened up the transfer ports

See this is why i asked for my Raptor plastic DIY to be stickied.
THEY ARE RAPTOR PLASTICS!

Anyways i did some more porting on my cylinder then i took it to R&L motorcycles here in Saskatoon they said my portings look good for a first timer.
The head will be gettin shaved today and bored out.
So i can order a new piston tomorrow.

Then i can rip it all apart again and put this new motor in.

so the dumbasses at R & L are trying to sell me a piston for 200 bucks so i told them to just do the bore job and head shaving.
There boring this cylinder to 67mm
This means i need a 67mm piston kit correct?

so the dumbasses at R & L are trying to sell me a piston for 200 bucks so i told them to just do the bore job and head shaving.
There boring this cylinder to 67mm
This means i need a 67mm piston kit correct?

the shop doing the bore needs to have the piston you are using there so it can be honed out to final spec. well that is how we do them anyway.