Specialized's 89 Blaster Build

Well speak of the devil almost totaled her today, one of the tierod mounts on the drum brakes came loose. luckily i was going pretty slow and in the driveway lol

* Anyone know why she revs to the moon for a quick second right when i start her up for the first time?

here some pics:
315fbec5-f414-4b5f-a1ea-cccf8d436051.jpg

bc1f07f9-b920-49b9-873c-299b8ce5e0dd.jpg

f34ce101-ea0e-4118-b3ee-0ca22541d258.jpg

d8c4aaa9-64fc-4b0d-ba83-90eb5d0a92b9.jpg

my blasters been acting iffy, mine i can start and as it sits warming up in neutral it will randomly, slowly rev higher and higher. i will kill it, start it back up and it stops! i figured it was throttle adjust screw or something...

^^ that sounds lean.
im gonna get my rear brakes going today and tighten up some sh*t just so she dont fall apart lol im going ridden with the 440 ex tomorrow. Im alos going to get a hd go pro so i can show you guys how i kick his ass on the straight away and on the track

well noticed i was missing a lower a arm bolt so didnt do a whole lot of riding. Went over the whole bike tightened
everything replaced missing bolts. Shes good to go now just need to bleed the rear brakes and repack the silencer.
speaking of which i cut it down 2"
d31fc092-0d3b-4d07-86d1-a813868a2a7a.jpg

fe0dd876-2bfd-4574-8d0a-b1017c65f65b.jpg

And i found out why this pipe is so damn loud.
ce77da0b-f030-451a-b74e-a54d9ea33eea.jpg

haha barely anything left there.
Also i fired it up wihtout the silencer on and HOLY f*ck is it loud!

the silencer slipped on mine yesterday and ripped the coupler and i'll agree, its LOUD without the silencer attached

Yea i cut the silencer back 2 " because it was pretty much at the end of my grab bar (which i dont like) If i were to fall back on a wheelie it would have banged up the silencer pretty bad.

Im picking up some FMF pipe packing tomorrow.

And i have been experimenting with the rev to the moon . If i dont shut my gas off it doesnt do it. If i do shut it off its harder to start plus it revs like crazy to.
On the Race gas can it says to drain carbrator when done.

by lean do you mean i'm not mixing my gas/oil right? i was using amsoil hp injector (DONT USE IT) then i used amsoil dominator and run it on the richer side or 32:1 (put a little more than 32:1)

around here yamalube is cheaper then amsoil. And i did run dominator in my sled but it was powervalved.

Also i got a moose racing exhaust packing kit today so i repacked the silencer. Im kinda excited to see how much it helps with the noise.
Also im going to pull the carb apart clean it all out lean out the needle on position aswell as the pilot down one to

And i have been experimenting with the rev to the moon . If i dont shut my gas off it doesnt do it. If i do shut it off its harder to start plus it revs like crazy to.On the Race gas can it says to drain carbrator when done.

There is your problem! It's lean when it first starts. And I read somewhere that you only drain that race gas if it's gonna sit for a while. Otherwise leave it. Maybe your float needs checked, or carb needs cleaned- shouldn't matter whether you turn off the gas or not. When you turn on the GAS before you start it the bowl should fill up and be good. Possiblly a clogged vent hose?? Just thinking outloud.