Specialized's 89 Blaster Build

specialized7

Can't Stop, Won't Stop!
May 2, 2008
Saskatoon Canada
Alright Well i bought my blaster in may of 08, so iv had it just over a year now.
Picked it up for $1450(in Canada), Completly stock minus New kenda dominators on the back.
Day 1: super ugly

quad002.jpg

quad003.jpg

Anyways the start of my addiction was when i found this site and posted a thread looking for new plastics.
i wanted blue considering im an avid Yamaha fan.
Blasterman85 messaged me saying he had a full set of blue plastics, and maier race front fenders.
So i got them and a blingstar front bumper at the same time.

quad009.jpg

Looks better, but needed to be wider and the light had to go.
so i picked up a set of 3+ spacers.

quad010.jpg

Minus the light + hand guards
IMG00014.jpg

Talked to d Jackson and picked up a set of air scoops
quadding007.jpg

added banshee front shocks, 400ex rear and a custom hood!, you might be able to see the new itps i got to
yamahablaster003.jpg

IMG00078-1.jpg

notta008.jpg

003-1.jpg

finishedquadhoodandcover004.jpg

keep in mind this was in winter so i had to add some traction
studdedtires003.jpg

Now i know what your thinking why all these look good goodys and no go fast goodys.
picked this up off kennedy
bigborekit003.jpg

bigborekit002.jpg

bigborekit004.jpg

Got a steal on these progressive 512's
progressiveshocks002.jpg

Decided to chop up my old fender and customize the airbox
airbox004.jpg

blkberry017.jpg

box002.jpg

After all of this i roll it in the snow
IMG00117.jpg

Time for a new rear fender, But no the blaster ones are to ugly, time for something different. oh and nerfs
raptorfender002.jpg

raptorfender009.jpg

Decided i dont like the custom front hood so i picked up a 03 hood and light, chrome clutch cover, New tires, made new scoops outta my old fenders, oh and a fmf pipe
new004.jpg

scoops002.jpg

theblaster002.jpg

new003.jpg

Didnt want to spend money on skids so i decied to chop up a sign
IMG00149.jpg

DSC02000.jpg

Nice!!!! That is 1 thing I am going to do in the future once I mod a bit ore.. probally in a years time is get the extended swinger.. More Safe! Can Climb alot better! And can handle more power!

Good Choice! Post pics for sure!

Nice!!!! That is 1 thing I am going to do in the future once I mod a bit ore.. probally in a years time is get the extended swinger.. More Safe! Can Climb alot better! And can handle more power!

Good Choice! Post pics for sure!
yea man i couldn't decide what to go with +3 or +4 so im going in between haha.
Its gonna feel different jumping haha and i cant wait to try some hill climbs

love that blasty man, looks great
Thanks freek, your custom work motivated me to try some of my own

That's one hell of a great transformation!

Did the Raptor plastics fit without any issues? Or did you just have to drill some new holes?

Also, how are the +3 wheel spacers working out for you? I've almost bought them three different times this week, but I'm a little unsure about 'em. Seem too good to be true for such a cheap price. How do they hold up to small or medium sized jumps?

the rear raptor fender went on really easy, you just gotta cut some of the plastic around the airbox out.
it was really easy.
i also made custom brackets to i can grab a pic of .
Well im going to my dads right now to put the 240 kit on, wish me luck ill probably need it.
only thing that is scaring me is removing the tors and jettin the pwk and all that.
And about the spacers, there holding up fine i was hittin some pretty gnarly jumps last weekend and not 1 issue.