Silver Lake???

Deerslayer89

Oct 28, 2010
Barry Co, MI
I might go to silver lake this june with a good freind. He be bringin his truck and im thinking bout taking the blaster. What might i do for prep work to my blasty for the sand??? Im running pure sports bandit xc's for rear tires and stock fronts. I think them would do ok. Im gonna get a uni filter to replace my k&n asap, new sunstar chain with stock gearing sprokets. Also, would chain wax be a bad choice for sand??? If so what would i use??? I've never been to silver or rode in any sand as far as that goes. Thanx for any input.

I might go to silver lake this june with a good freind. He be bringin his truck and im thinking bout taking the blaster. What might i do for prep work to my blasty for the sand??? Im running pure sports bandit xc's for rear tires and stock fronts. I think them would do ok. Im gonna get a uni filter to replace my k&n asap, new sunstar chain with stock gearing sprokets. Also, would chain wax be a bad choice for sand??? If so what would i use??? I've never been to silver or rode in any sand as far as that goes. Thanx for any input.

Get shock covers and an outerwear for your airbox. Make sure EVERYTHING is sealed up tight. I typically add extra grease around open spinning parts that way sand sticks to it instead of falling inside crevasses.

I have some covers for the front shocks, should i find one for the rear also??? About the spinning parts do you mean axle carrier and drive sprocket??? They make an outerwear that covers the box??? I did not know.

I have some covers for the front shocks, should i find one for the rear also??? About the spinning parts do you mean axle carrier and drive sprocket??? They make an outerwear that covers the box??? I did not know.

Yes get one for the rear shock too. Doesn't hurt to tape the ends as well. Yes they make outerwears for clamp on filters and the air box if you are running an open lid(or closed for that matter)....if they no longer make it, you can buy straight sheets from Outerwears and cut them to how you want them then velcro them on and seal them on with some tape(so sand doesn't go through velcro). Grease the sprocket/carrier...yea...mostly the carrier.

you have a little time... i would try to find a cheap set of paddles. even if they are half shot or whatever. idk how xc tires do in sand

make sure everything is tight and your airbox is sandproof. also check to make sure the boots for the ball joints on the a-arms arent ripped/torn, and if they are make sure you fix them. also, your going to need an exhaust with a spark arrestor and a flag which u can buy there(if you dont have one, you will need a grab bar to mount the flag to) and paddles are a huge benefit as well...