Thirty year blaster rebuild

Still waiting on the front fenders and streamline brake lines for the front hydraulic brakes. Put it all back together fully expecting that there would issues getting it running, started second kick. Five minutes of carb adjustment and running great! I spent an hour with my son practicing starting, taking off in first, switching to second, back to first and stopping. Let him do this in the yard on flat ground as only have rear brakes and they are barely adequate as far as I’m concerned. What a great time and a satisfying feeling getting running correctly. I have to replace head light and tail light bulbs, pretty sure I can get headlight bulb at auto zone but probably have to get tail light bulb at the dealer, there wasn’t a bulb in there so don’t have a clue to what I need. I learned that refinishing plastic is a biotch and don’t expect perfect like new appearance but they came out about 80% like new, good enough for the farm! Both front fenders were broke so I ordered new ones. Thanks for everyone’s help, wouldn’t have been able to do this with out this site!
You did a great job. That is one clean blaster. It is a good feeling when you do all that work.. And. It fires right up and is ready to go. You do your heat cycles and retouqe
On head and cylinder base?

No
You did a great job. That is one clean blaster. It is a good feeling when you do all that work.. And. It fires right up and is ready to go. You do your heat cycles and retouqe
On head and cylinder base?
no need, other than some seals and oil delete, motor wasn’t touched, about the only good thing that was on this quad.

Reactions: Slydog