What happened to my piston and why?

Jewnier

Apr 4, 2021
IMG_20210403_233619.jpg IMG_20210403_233637.jpgIMG_20210403_234153.jpg IMG_20210403_233653.jpg
Im a noobie so please advise me if im doing this wrong but i just need a little feed back as to what might have caused this? I just bought it and ran it for about 2 weeks almost daily and just pow she was dead. Carbs a makuni with a pilot of 32.5 and a main of 200 all stock except a fmf spark arrester, and a cheap 10 dollar air filter. Thanks for any feedback. Im in southern cali by the way.

Last edited:
Looks like you may of had a ring snag the exhaust port.
Piston looks pretty fresh.
Was it a Chinese aftermarket cylinder kit installed. They are known to not have enough or any chamfering around the ports.or improper install
How's the big end on that crank?

Need atleast a 230 main

Same here got her not too long ago been riding it ever since for like 3 weeks stopped for a week then rode it for 2 days and she just shut off on me no compression either im so deppressed

Have to get cylinder bored and new piston and gaskets.
You local machine shop should be able to hook you up.ports must be chamfered.
Broken rings is common on the cheap egay kits.
If you have the stock cylinder then bore that as it is a high quality piece.
You know the saying you get what you pay for.

Might have been caused by the ring end gap being to tight. More information on your setup might help. Unfortunately neither of you probably did a leak down test before you took it apart