sad day for my banshee

harley1-5

Jul 28, 2013
Elko County Nevada
Well not a good day for me.After sitting for 3 months[couldn't afford ignition parts]my shee has seized during a ride.Needle and afr where spot on,was still doing break in.I was ripping it up[below 3/4 throttle of course].P.O. had just installed a hot rods crank.I am hoping its top end,but no matter,it will sit until I am able to get parts.REALLY BUMMED now:(

Reactions: HACK
hope not herp.new hot rods.P.o. may have been the cause[shody work]have had to fix a few of his mistakes.Ill pull it down when my little 1s nap.Then buy a part here part there.Maybe by Christmas ittl run again:(

What, the Shee that I was going to teach you how to ride on is no longer available.

You will have to break out the Kiddy pedal car.:D:D:D

Sorry to hear that man after all that you had put into it. I'm sure you'll get her fixed up tho!

That totally sucks Harley! Might be better to just take it all out, and start fresh as time and $$ allow. That way you know what you have. No more suprises. Plus you have a Great 2-stroke mechanic coming to visit in a month!

it needs total redo crank bore pistons.I am going to sell my 660 raptor roller when I get it here[week or so]get my cr125 running and sold and go from there.It will be awhile but im gonna know its right.4 mil stroker and prob kor boring and trail port.Just gotta get the hustles rolling in as I am broke but it will happen ive waited 22 years for a shee I can wait a few more months

4 mil is a good mod on a banshee for any type of riding. It smooths out the power band hit and gives the bike a lot more bottom end.

Have you ever been on a ported Banshee? If not, get ready. Whenever a first timer gets off of one, the cover is pulled up about a half inch right where his ass was planted.

I have a ton of questions and can't find your thread. Well, I'm sure that I could, but my internet is making that a huge ordeal.

I just caught my Chariot Performance head with a tiny leak around the water plate on the back. Checked coolant reservoir... empty. Compression check and leak down test tomorrow night. So I may be tearing one down at the same time as you.