Some Pics of my car

blasterdude14

Apr 28, 2009
ohio
Just feeling like posting the story about my car since I haven't been on for so long wanting to update you guys.

So a little less than a year ago my jeep just wasn't worth the hassle anymore couldn't sell her so off to the scrapyard she went, I went about a month without having a car. School started and for the first week I was borrowing my grandmas car which was god awful 94 i think grand am that literally bounced everytime I drove over a bump, parents want to get me a small car for gas mileage told them I would only take a 5 speed neon so we got to looking then my parents found the score of a lifetime. 2005 Dodge Neon SXT with less than 60k for 4900 absolute beautiful condition and came with a JVC deck and 2 MTX magnum 12" subs. Made the deposit that day and picked it up later in the week.

So the stick shift learning began, I couldn't get the car to move to save my life absolute failure finally got going a bit and went ok kept being stupid and instead of letting the gear flow into the next gear I was like ok I have to move it up and over so basically by doing that I didn't realize I was skipping from second straight to fifth, at one point I was sitting at a light thinking I was in first when I was in third was also a slight hill obviously stalled out and never moved an inch never even realized I was in third eventually gave up and switched with my dad he noticed I was actually in third put it into first and took off easy. I sat in the passenger seat thinking damn I'm an idiot. The next few days I just went around in the neighborhood trying to just get the hang of starting off eventually got it but for the longest time I was riding the clutch which eventually ended with me blowing the clutch about a half year later so in came this
303323_3933072254284_834074390_n_zps9189faeb.jpg

Just a performance clutch by Sachs from Oreilly's :D, the second modification I did, first one was just a set of 8.5mm ignition wires which don't make that much of a difference but are cool looking haha will have a pic where you can see them further down.

So around came april where they have the first yankee lake event of the year ended up being a rain filled mud swamp which is good for trucks in the pits, not so good when your trying to get out of a grass filled parking lot! Wish I had taken a pic of the parking lot which became a total mudpit by the time I left. The next day though I went out to look at the car and this is what I saw
581427_3798298325020_242328982_n_zps6b869cdc.jpg

Also left a trail back to the house, the mud stayed on my driveway for about 2 months could not wash it off at all
523059_3798289804807_1446557917_n_zps0c906d57.jpg

Just a quick pic of my boots I wore that night which were caked with mud
303472_3798293644903_588469376_n_zps8c39d260.jpg

So along came summer, graduation party some money to blow before college, went with a couple things, Window tint, new stereo deck and car speakers, and last but not least a cold air intake from AEM
Only have a pic of the tint right now though
2012-06-04_20-44-39_586_zps5b374a0e.jpg

Fast forward to around mid July, buddy and I went camping rented a canoe payed like way to much for just a 20 mile trip so impulse kicks in 2 idiots don't think and we end up in Franklin PA strapping 2 kayaks to the roof of a neon, we got plenty of goofy looks on the 1 1/2 hour drive home
ResizedImage_1348042038904_zps32a87d89.jpg

Then about a month ago was driving to pick up my buddy and got in an accident, person in front of me hit their brakes hard I hit mine tires locked up and slid right into them car is now sitting in my garage like this
303924_4473680089142_1594744287_n_zpsd96d9fc3.jpg

She will be fixed soon, project is know as Bumble Bee, due to the replacement bumper cover I found being yellow, more pics to come this weekend as I finish tearing apart the front end

The red wires are the ignition wires and if you look a bit the shiny metal pipe is the cold air intake so lucky that didn't get damaged

Dang dude sorry to see the Wreck , Good thing is there cheap and easy to fix for the most part , Good luck with the Fix , And Nice mods so far , Nothing Ricer haha