Raptor 350 Rear Carrier??

xjma

Brothers friend broke down in the woods this weekend. I think it's an 07 Raptor 350. Chain had come off, I came to the rescue, tightened it up and tightened down the carrier, 150' later it was off again. I could see that the carrier was deformed where the bearing next to the sprocket was, so probably junk, and I pulled what was left of the seal out of there. Towed him back out of the woods and we're all good, but now looking to fix/upgrade.

Seems like the 350 raptors have the same carrier as the warriors. Can anyone confirm??

Found a Magnum/RAD MFG Billet twin row bearing carrier on Ebay. Looks like it's got a nice grease zerk. Any input on these things?? If it's a matter of popping this one in there and never having to worry about the bearings ever again, I think he's sold. Probably still have to do seals every now and again, and a little grease every few months.

Just looking for opinions/advice and if we're on the right track from someone that may have dealt with the raptor carrier before. Have done carriers in many other quads before....if they're visibly bent, they're trash. Want to do this right the first time. Thanx.

i just ran a used rad carrier in my blaster for the last 2 seasons, the ears finally wore loose from the carrier tube, they were a press fit, i think the new style are all one piece ???
i'll have another one over the off season, they're good carriers, just mine was very old and seen better days, plus the whopping i give out didn't help either, :)

the one I have now is a dual row, and yes i may have it welded ?
but a new one just seems like a better option, i'll prolly go tapered this time around too

Well he pulled the trigger on the dual row, they didn't have the tapered on ebay. Did you ever have to replace the bearings in the dual row???

nope, and it was very well used and abused when i bought it used on ebay for $50, the bearings are still in great shape and roll smoothly, they seem to be a very good bearing.

but..... at least the seals will get burnt up, or tore up trying to remove them ?
possibly the bearings seals burnt up too,
if/when i have it welded ?

new dual row bearings and seals are $65,
+ the welders fees ?
thats why i said a brand new one is looking like the better option for me

Awesome, that's good to hear. Yeah, welding may mess up the seal. I'm sure you could still sell your used-used carrier to someone!! I take it you beat your quad like it owes you money so this should work out good for my friend! Thanx.

Whatchu doing with the old one?? My brother is a welder and he does a lot of tig.

you talk'n to me ? LOL

$25 shipped and it's all your's, i gotta warn you though, besides the mounting flanges needing welded, the bottom bolt tube is beat up, the bolt still goes thru it though, thats how i bought it.