Pikledbeats Dream Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
i followed the skid plate link again, that must have been the only one they had, even looked at "sellers other items"

?????????????

ps......... you and speedy both are gonna luv that rear shock.
but as i told speedy, those springs are under rated by "works",
79bronco and I both had to crank them the whole way down to prevent bottoming out
so if you had "works" respring it for your lighter weight ???
that may have been a mistake, and you may be cranking your preload down too ???

@slick - got the PM, thx. Got those pics but comp was f*cked up today and I will upload em in the morn when I get things fixed.

@AWK - there were five when I bought mine, by the time I posted that link, their was one left so maybe someone snagged it up quick ??? The price was ridiculous for what it is, the comparable PRM was 125. Thats too bad ... Anyway the spring was not switched it just got set-up a little different on recommendation from works once explaining what I was using it for (not a 400ex). I'm only pushin 165, so I think it was the right choice, but your right that riding will be the only way to know for sure.

@slick - Heres some pics of it mocked up

10oplbl.jpg

ksw9g.jpg

2cdbz1z.jpg

Ok, so a little update and yes it's been awhile I know. So got the works ultracross and my dynoport hooked up, I sold the YFZ rear for 265 through ebay, Ken is doing work on my head as we speak and I also was able to pick up a genuine PWK for next to nothing. I built a custom chain skid on the cobra skid plate and I finally bit the bullet and bought a ASR +2 Anti-Vibe Stem powder coated black for the fat bars.

Pics coming soon ...

Ok, so a little update and yes it's been awhile I know. So got the works ultracross and my dynoport hooked up, I sold the YFZ rear for 265 through ebay, Ken is doing work on my head as we speak and I also was able to pick up a genuine PWK for next to nothing. I built a custom chain skid on the cobra skid plate and I finally bit the bullet and bought a ASR +2 Anti-Vibe Stem powder coated black for the fat bars.

Pics coming soon ...

Sounds super nice!

All that custom stuff and ya go and buy a stem? I guess ya can't make everything!!!

Cool! I:I :D

Sounds super nice!

All that custom stuff and ya go and buy a stem? I guess ya can't make everything!!!

Cool! I:I :D

Honestly, I think ive been wearin on my welder and he's been gettin kinda flaky on me lately so after gettin him to do the intakes, I didn't wanna bug and wait for him to do my stem. I wish I was out where I could hook up with guys like you and AWk but thats the breaks. I jsut got sick of linin up projects but was able to get my stem for a good price and have been wanting one forever so just went for it ....

Maybe it's time to become your own weldor.

I've been trying my hand lately in my buddies shop and have been looking into what it would take. my first job as an undergraduate was in design and I can design pretty much anything ... my building skills have been a work in progress. It is really too bad I'm not around other members who I can team up with. I got buddies who ride banshees and blasters, but they're more riders than builders. And I have buddies who build race cars and help me out with welding, but they are not really into quads and my sh*t always has to be fit in when they have time. But yes ... I need a nice welding setup and some practice ... soon I'll be looking for some direction and I'll probably bite the bullet for some welding equipment.

Have you ran the dyno port yet?

Yes, I have ran it in short runs, as I've been testing some setups, no real riding yet though. they're is a noticeable difference from my DMC and the sound is incredible. I actually have two different Dynoport midpipe/silencers that have different bends. As some know I've been working to get the best possible setup for my style of riding, so am testing these as well. the biggest holdup here has been trying to test setups while dealing with weather changes. It has been a mild winter here but is just now evening out so they're not extreme temp changes daily.

zl2e09.jpg

Sounds like someone's in the market for new toys .....er.... I mean tools I:I

What have you got in mind?!

My buddy has an old 120v lincoln electric MIG wire feed setup he said I could take for awhile just for practice, and Im sure he would sell it to me pretty cheap, that's what I've been learning/messing around on. But I really want a nice TIG setup. I figure almost everything I'm interested in doing is aluminium. But I need to do some good research on getting a worthwhile setup I can afford. I really just need some advice for what would be best for being able to weld aluminium and need to practice practice practice.I:I

Status
Not open for further replies.