picking this up soon

Kinda doubting the 440 bbk....the guy kinda sounds like a dummy.....still a nice quad though for the.price...

Not a bad deal. I'd jump on it! Notice, though, that in the last post the guy says it needs a new battery and that he's keeping the HMF exhaust. Apparently he's putting a Cobra one on it instead. Still, you can always fix the little stuff and it sounds like it runs well...

I don't know about it.....It does need four new tires for certain. I get it for 1000 and not much higher.

I'd want to see paper on the big bore. The current exhaust would have to go with it, might not run as good with cobra, plus would probably need jetting. Check it good for suspension/bearing wear, those tire didn't go bald from sitting, you're looking at $400+ if you go new skins. I question the engine flooding with gas, could cause big problems. Also , if you use synthetic oil in a 4poke, it don't smoke when it burns the oil. Do a compression test also!!

i'm guessing this is a decision based on loud obnoxious exhaust, like your truck ????
hahahahaaaa

I'd watch it. He never mentioned before that he would be taking the battery or pipe. And if he took the HMF it will probably need rejetted. Batteries themselves are expensive. Carnz mentioned a good idea. I would go for something like a 87-92 LT250R. I don't know something about this ad makes me iffy. He seemed a little weird about the big bore too. I would personally steer clear of it and find something else but if you are dead set on getting it, go ahead. Your money, your decision.

It will be bigger for you size wise, yeah. but my dad has a 440ex with some other mods on it, and i chose to keep my blaster over it, theyre nothing special.

yeah def check into the bbk alot of kids these days say o yeah its got a bbk on it and it doesn't also I would take my blaster over a 400ex too I think keep looking you will find something you will like better possibly.

well guys i got it a couple days ago, runs great and they even threw in a brand new battery... has the cobra pipe... and they gave me the mechanics number and said i could call him to have proof that he rebuilt it, they said they got 1700 worth in the motor. i looked it over and it does have a new carb, wiring harness, start button switch... starts up great with no choke and idles great, has a nice amount of power... i'll get pics and vid up once i get home as i'm still away from the house.

The mechanic said yes it does have a 440 bbk and he just did the top end work about a week ago... the guy I got it off of said it isn't even broken in yet... and one of my friends knows the guy and his family and my friend even verified all the work done to it... it still has stock air filter though so soon it'll have a k&n so it can breathe better... I'm also picking up a white brothers exhaust off ebay for it and ill have new back tires by xmas, the guy threw in like new front tires.

it just about killed me today when i got it home haha i was riding a wheelie on it and the throttle side grip came off! talk about scaring someone to death lol... i'll be posting pics up soon.

i'm guessing this is a decision based on loud obnoxious exhaust, like your truck ????
hahahahaaaa

i sure did!!! hahaha nah i checked it over and everything, and i know cobra is junk and it'll be getting a different pipe soon... i'm really wanting to find a good white brothers e-series (uses the discs) off ebay since white brothers went out of business a couple years back. i found a good deal on one on ebay but it ends at 3 in the morning so i guess i'll just have to put my max bid before i go to bed and hope for the best.

also, i can't help but doubt the 440 myself even with the mechanics word he could have lied to my friend and the PO... anybody know what to look for on the 440 bbk's and if they would have the stock displacement size on the side like a blaster does? (like 195cm3 on a blaster, 397cm3 on a 400ex)... any help is appreciated!