Might be getting a free banshee. What to look for?

I'm in kind of same boat.but I'm probably just looking at top end and some cosmetics.. also check vin for a lean... like a loan..i do repos and even though the last year of a shee was 06 i think. We still get orders for 89`s and up depending what's owed on it. Even if parts are in boxes if vin matches the bank wants it and pays for it...I've seen it lots of times where someone gets one cheap than fixed it up n put more$$ into it than what was owed n it gets taken.. just giving a heads up that's all..I've seen it happen way to many times to good people, (and some not)' but just cover your but.. that goes for all quads..or bikes or whatever.. in this economy banks are getting tighter and tighter and put orders out for just about anything that's owed$ on. :(just get paper work or Bill of sale n keep receipts for whatever you do to it if your in doubt... ///// on other hand..I'm going to start my shee soon as weather gets a little nicer, and the info i just read helps out allot now i know what more to look for, thanks...