Might be getting a free banshee. What to look for?

Wifesblaster

Built not bought
Feb 10, 2012
Maryland
I'm told this banshee is in pieces. It has fmf silencers stock pipes and cool heads. Has been sitting outside and was water in he bottom end. Needs gas tank. I realize this is a big project. Is there any advice you banshee owners can give me? Thanks.

Can't wait to see some pics. Best advice I can give you is to thoroughly clean out the whole bottom end, install a new or rebuilt crank and all new bearings, and to inspect the case halves by the countershaft very carefully.

Banshees are notorious for sustaining chain damage to the cases, and since the case halves on this engine split vertically, any damage you find often affects both case halves. Just FYI.

Just DON'T let it be stolen, or it will bring huge trouble on your head.
Karma is real, hot stuff burns fingers.
Even if you are the only one who knows it is stolen, you will forever know who you are.
Make sure it is clean.

Steve

OEM banshee cranks really aren't rebuildable because the pin is part of the throw. Aftermarkets are but cost almost as much to rebuild as new. Even KOR gets $400 to do it, not sure if that's just rods or if includes main brgs too.

I was looking into that today. If get it tomorrow I will download the manual and start reading about them. If I have to put a crank in them I refuse to put in a stock one. What is a good stroker crank for the shee? Is it like the blaster where some require case trenching? Will most likely send it to KOR.

I was looking into that today. If get it tomorrow I will download the manual and start reading about them. If I have to put a crank in them I refuse to put in a stock one. What is a good stroker crank for the shee? Is it like the blaster where some require case trenching? Will most likely send it to KOR.

Unlike on a Blaster engine, a Banshee engine will accept a 4mm stroker crank with no trenching required. You will need to be sure everything is clearanced properly once its assembled, but a 4mil will drop right in. Now as for what brand to buy....everybody has their opinions. Vito's cranks are trustworthy, Hot Rods is a safe bet, and Wicked Motorsports also offers a nice setup if you have the $$. Shop and ask around. Ive been out of the Banshee game a couple years and Im sure prices have changed since then.

i would just use a +3 crank to be safe, but hell banshees rip hard right out of the crate so i wouldint change much if its a trail machine, nice set of pipes and a vented airbox lid and it will rip, and get the gay tors out of there

i would just use a +3 crank to be safe, but hell banshees rip hard right out of the crate so i wouldint change much if its a trail machine, nice set of pipes and a vented airbox lid and it will rip, and get the gay tors out of there

I don't believe there is a 3mil for a banshee.Stock stroke then the next size up would be a 4 mil for a shee.Then they just go higher and higher from there.