I would like some design ideas

buddy67us

Feb 24, 2011
Kansas
www.hendrix-tech.com
I just got a Blaster, traded an old truck for it, I think its pre 2000 not sure, anyway, my rough riding days are over so its not going to be ridden real hard, I am looking to give it a paramilitary look, not specifically army or whatever, I just like the idea of maybe a ride taken out of Black Ops or something.

Does anyone have any ideas on what can be done? I know how to do the work, just want some really cool ideas on what to make it look like!

well it sounds like to me you know pretty much what you want to do so go get some pics off google or something and go to town I:I

Yes I know what I want, and I have looked online for ideas, besides Black or camo paint schemes there is not alot out there, I made a picture of the ride with a gun already LOL!!!

blasterMgunsmall.jpg

yes I am thinking black hood, tank cover and seat, then OD green or the dark tan for the fenders, if I do the nerf bars, instead of netting I was thinking expanded metal but not sure. I was thinking maybe some netting on the grab bar. I have been working on some bad ass LED light set ups for some one else, I think I am going to use that for my headlight and the rear light. the frame will be flat black.

I havent yet decided if I want to cut and shape the front fenders yet.

I'm not a fan of cut fenders! But there are alot that are. I like the camo look though. Thought about it when i did my build but decided (for me) to much time to do the camo and i would destroy the paint any kind where i ride. How about making the headlight in the shape of a tank barrel??

I would trim the fenders just a little to give it that look. Just shave off the rounded edges to get very flat edges, a few sharper less rounded corners, for a more boxy design. That would allow you to keep your mud protection, but get a better look. I like the 2 tone idea. If you really wanna go for an old army look, do the old school white star on the hood and/or gas tank. Also really like your netting idea on the grab bar. Maybe even build a larger one that you could put a one or 2 gallon gas can, or tool box on if you wanted. Props on the idea. I Havent seen any like that before. Not that Ive looked online, but out riding. Post some pics when your done.

Im not a fan of the stars only because I dont want it to look like an army vehicle, but if I did that would be perfect!

I will figure it out as I go, I try and draw it all out but for me it works best just to start and see what I end up with! I am loving all the help!!!!!

what about small utility bags on the tank or the verticle part of the fenders?